|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2015)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Industry||Social networking service|
Tradepal is a real-time marketplace application that makes it convenient to trade and exchange with people in and around communities. The company develops technologies that facilitate the building of a proprietary interest graph leading to the discovery, sharing and trading of items among like-minded people. Tradepal introduced its people-centric marketplace at the DEMO conference held in Santa Clara, California on September 12 to 14, 2011. The peer-to-peer product was well received by the Silicon Valley technical community, and was named one of the top 10 favorite startups at the DEMO Conference. Tradepal was launched on September 13, 2011.
Tradepal is made up of a core principle and multiple functionalities. Central to the experience on Tradepal is the social and interest graphs of the user, commonly called the Cluster of Friends, which includes both Facebook friends on Tradepal and Tradepal friends. The functionalities evolve around a User Profile that comprises the user’s Items, the Friends’ and Friends of Friends’ listings, the user’s Wishes and individual Carbon Savings Calculator. Both Profiles and Listed Items could be shared internally with Tradepal friends, or externally with Facebook friends and Twitter followers. Users can trade with peers by instantly buying an item using the Buy Now option or by sending an offer using either cash and/or barter Users can also communicate with one another using messaging, item comments, or online chat. The concept of trust is based on both the use of Facebook identities as Tradepal identities as well as a rating system derived from all transactions conducted on the platform. All payments are conducted through PayPal's Adaptive Payments and benefit from PayPal’s Buyer’s Protection.
- "Demo.com". Demo.com. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Sprouter (16 November 2011). "Sprouter: Punchtab, Pressly, Kibits, Tradepal". Financial Post. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Chima, Chikodi (15 September 2011). "Our 10 Favorite Startups of the DEMO 2011". TheNextWeb. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- Takahashi, Dean (12 September 2011). "DEMO:Here's the list of Demo Fall 2011 presenting companies". VentureBeat. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Kelly, Meghan (13 September 2011). "DEMO: Tradepal brings bartering of physical goods online.". VentureBeat. Retrieved 13 September 2011.