Transgender Education Advocates (TEA) of Utah
|Founder||Christopher Scuderi, Rebecca Wilder, Teinamarrie Nelson Scuderi|
|Connie Anast-Inman, Candice Metzler, Alex P. Miller|
|less than $10,000|
Originating in 2003, TEA of Utah was founded under the non-profit umbrella of the Utah Pride Center. From 2003-2006, TEA of Utah began transgender outreach and education, including sponsoring International Transgender Day of Remembrance in Utah. From 2006 to present, TEA of Utah, collaborating with local and national transgender and ally groups, has organized this event. In 2009, TEA of Utah formally separated from the Utah Pride Center and sought to receive their own non-profit status. It was granted in 2010.
TEA of Utah works to educate the public, advocate for LGBT community, and eliminate prejudice and discrimination.
In 2011, Connie Anast-Inman was selected as Executive Director of the organization. She served in this capacity until her resignation June 15, 2015, at which time she presented the reigns to the Board President, Candice Metzler, as the new Executive Director. Vice Chair Alex P. Miller became Board Chair until his death on October 22, 2015.
TEA of Utah consists of nine voting board members.
Salt Lake City mayor Ralph Becker declared November 20, 2013, "International Transgender Day in Utah", the first public acknowledgement of the annual event by a Utah governmental office.
- Trans* 101 education sessions with government officials, businesses, schools and private individuals
- Individual advocacy in the workplace regarding discrimination.
- Workplace as a Safe Space (© 2014) transition plans for employees
- Summer Social
- LGBTQ Job Fair (Spring and Fall)
- Sponsor of the Royal Court of the Golden Spike Empire (member of the International Court System)
- Sponsor of Genderevolution Gender Conference in conjunction with the Utah Pride Center, every November
- TDOR, November 20 each year
- Autumn Showcase
- "Division of Corporations and Commercial Code, 2014".
- "Guidestar record of TEA of Utah".
- "Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Obituary: Alex Miller - QSaltLake Magazine". QSaltLake Magazine. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- Utah vigil memorializes transgender victims of homicide Salt Lake Tribune (2013-11-21). "Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune". Sltrib.com. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Carolyn Cox (2013-11-27). "Standing united at the International Transgender Day of Remembrance". Globe SLCC. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "Transgender Law Cooperative Organizations".
- Orton, Michael. "Utah Lawmakers Sensitivity Training Debrief".
- Erickson-Schroth, Laura (May 3, 2014). Trans Bodies, Trans Selves:A Resource for the Transgender Community. Oxford University Press. p. 146. ISBN 978-0-19-932535-1.
- "Job Fair 2013, Fox13 news".
- "GenderEvolution homepage".
- "TDOR 2013, Deseret News".
- "TDOR 2013, KSL News".