Trevinano (blue spot) within the municipality of Acquapendente (orange) and the province
|Elevation||619 m (2,031 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Dialing code||(+39) 0763|
|Website||Trevinano info website|
Located upon a hill near the borders of Lazio with the province of Siena (Tuscany) and Terni (Umbria), Trevinano is the northernmost settlement of its region. It is situated near the Tuscan Lake of San Casciano, in the nearby municipality of San Casciano dei Bagni (9 km far). It is 12 km far from Allerona, 14 from Acquapendente, 30 from Orvieto, 33 from Bolsena and 65 from Viterbo.
Near the village flows a little river named Rio Tirolle and in the east of it is located the Monte Rufeno Natural Reserve.
- The medieval Boncompagni-Ludovisi Castle, first mentioned in the 11th century.
- Our Lady of the Oak Church (Madonna della Quercia), built in the 16th century.
- The parish church of Our Lady under the Mystery of Nativity (Madonna Santissima sotto il Mistero della Natività).
- (in Italian) Info on italia.indettaglio.it
- (in Italian) History of Trevinano
- (in Italian) The ancient municipality of Trevinano
- Source: Strade d'Italia - Atlas of the Geographic Institute De Agostini
- (in Italian) Overview of the village of Trevinano
- 410177175 Trevinano on OpenStreetMap
- (in Italian) Castle of Trevinano website
- (in Italian) The "Madonna della Quercia" of Trevinano website
- (in Italian) The parish church of Trevinano on the Italian Yellow Pages
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trevinano.|