This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Rhinoceros Studios, Sydney and Chapel Studios, Encino, California|
|Jimmy Barnes chronology|
|Singles from Two Fires|
Two Fires is the fourth studio album by the Australian rock singer Jimmy Barnes, and his first United States release for Atlantic Records. It was released in Australia by Mushroom Records and was his fifth consecutive No. 1 album, peaking on release in September 1990 and remaining at the position for four weeks. On 16 June 1991, Two Fires again reached #1, making it the only Barnes album to achieve such a feat. The title track, "Between Two Fires", was co-written with the hit songwriter, Holly Knight. It also includes a bonus track "Stick To Your Guns".
- "Lay Down Your Guns" (Jimmy Barnes, Rick Nowels)
- "Let's Make It Last All Night" (Barnes, Diane Warren, Desmond Child)
- "Little Darling" (Barnes)
- "Love Is Enough" (Barnes, Marvin Etzioni, Sandford, Thomas, Froggatt)
- "Hardline" (Barnes, Tony Brock, Jay Williams, Savigar)
- "One of a Kind" (Barnes, Brock, Williams, Savigar)
- "Sister Mercy" (Barnes, Ross Wilson, Neill)
- "When Your Love is Gone" (Barnes, Brock, Savigar)
- "Between Two Fires" (Barnes, Holly Knight)
- "Fade to Black" (Barnes, Bailey)
- "Hold On" (Barnes, Brock, Williams)
- "Stick To Your Guns" (Bonus Track) (Barnes)
A demo recording session in July 1989 produced 12 several tracks which were not included in the final album and which remain unreleased.
"Ain't That Just Like Love"
"All Is Forgiven"
"Body and Soul"
"Don't Make Me Wait"
"Give and Take"
"Love is For Nothing"
"Rock Me Over"
Certain songs from the Two Fires sessions did not make the final album, but appeared as B-sides of the album's singles. These include:
"Broken Hearts" (B-side of "Lay Down Your Guns")
"No Frills" (B-side of "Little Darling")
"Bad News" (B-side of "Let's Make It Last All Night")
- Vocals - Jimmy Barnes
- Guitar - Jeff Neill, Mark Lizotte, Brian Setzer, Todd Sharp, Wally Stocker
- Bass guitar - Jimmy Haslip
- Drums - Tony Brock
- Keyboards - Kevin Savigar
- Backing vocals – Eliza-Jane 'E.J.' Barnes, Jackie Barnes, Jane Barnes, Jimmy Barnes, Mahalia Barnes, Spencer Brock, Taylor Brock, Tony Brock, Leanne D'Hudson, Wendy Fraser, Grace Gehman, Portia Griffin, Marcy Levy, Jeff Neill, Brian Setzer, Todd Sharp, Jade Thacker, Nicholas Thacker, Sue Thacker, Tyler Thacker
- Mastering engineer Rick O'Neil
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||1|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||1|
|ARIA Albums Chart||4|
|ARIA Albums Chart||5|
Sales and certifications
|Australia (ARIA)||6× Platinum||420,000^|
^ Shipments figures based on certification alone.
- "Jimmy Barns Two Fires". Australian Charts. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Australiancharts.com – Jimmy Barnes – Two Fires". Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Charts.nz – Jimmy Barnes – Two Fires". Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "ARIA Top 100 Albums 1990". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "ARIA Top 100 Albums 1991". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1998 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 28 October 2014.