UTSA Roadrunners men's basketball
|University||University of Texas at San Antonio|
|All-time record||434-389 (.527)|
|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Head coach||Steve Henson|
|Colors||Navy Blue, White, and Orange
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|1988, 1999, 2004, 2011|
|Conference tournament champions|
|1988, 1999, 2004, 2011|
|Conference regular season champions|
|1991, 1992, 2004|
The UTSA Roadrunners men's basketball team represents the University of Texas at San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas, US. Originally competing as an NCAA independent in 1981-82, the Roadrunners joined the Atlantic Sun Conference in 1986-87, and eventually joined the Southland Conference in 1991-92. The team is currently a member of Conference USA, and plays its game at the on-campus Convocation Center, and was coached by former NBA player Brooks Thompson.
UTSA has won four conference tournaments and three conference regular season championships. The team has made a total of four NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship appearances in its history. In the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship, the Roadrunners defeated SWAC Champion Alabama State, 70-61 in the opening round before falling in the second round to Ohio State. The victory over Alabama State marked the first time in school history that a Roadrunner team won an NCAA tournament game in any sport. As a relatively young Division I program, the team has made no other appearances in post-season tournaments.
UTSA joined the Western Athletic Conference on July 1, 2012. In April 2012, it was announced that UTSA would join Conference USA prior to the 2013-2014 school year. They joined the new conference July 1, 2013.
NCAA Tournament results
The Roadrunneres have appeared in four NCAA Tournaments. Their combined record is 1–4.
|1988||First Round||Illinois||L 72–81|
|1999||First Round||Connecticut||L 66–91|
|2004||First Round||Stanford||L 45–71|
- UTSA Graphic Identity Guide. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- Heiberger, Scott (1985-12-02). "Texas-San Antonio is looking to future". Anchorage Daily News. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "UTSA to join Southland Conf.". The Victoria Advocate. 1990-06-05. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "2009 UTSA Men's Basketball Media Guide". UTSA Roadrunners. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "WAC to Add Denver, UTSA and Texas State". Western Athletic Conference. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- McMurphy, Brett (28 April 2012). "C-USA Adding UTSA in 2013; North Texas, FIU, Louisiana Tech Also Likely". CBSSports.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
|This college basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a basketball team in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|