Uday Bhanu Hans
|Born||2 August 1926|
Daira Din Panah, Muzaffargarh, Punjab, Pakistan
|Education||Master of Arts (Hindi)|
Books written about him
When Haryana was carved out as a separate state in 1966, Uday Bhanu was declared as the state poet of Haryana. He was awarded Sur Puruskar in 2006 and Haryana Sahitya Rattan Samman in 2009 by Haryana Sahitya Akademi. Uday Bhanu Hans Awards are given every year in his honour.
Uday Bhanu was born on 2 August 1926 at Daira Din Panah in Muzaffargarh district of Pakistan. His family shifted to Hisar after partition of India in 1947 when he was 21 years old. He completed his Master of Arts in Hindi language and joined as a teacher. Yashpal Sharma was one of his students. He retired as principal of Government College, Hisar and now lives in Hisar. He is also the secretary of Chandigarh Sahitya Akademi and member of advisory committee of Haryana Sahitya Akademi.
- "Bhedion Ke Dhang". Geeta-Kavita. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- Gazetteer of India, Haryana- Hisar (PDF). Chandigarh: Revenue Department, Govt. of Haryana. 1987. p. 309. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 May 2014.
- "Uday Bhanu Hans Ki Kavya Sadhna". Gautam Buddha Government Degree College, Faizabad. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Books received". The Tribune. 9 October 2005. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Comprehensive essay on the literature of Haryana". PreserveArticles.com. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Sahitya Akademi chief under fire". The Tribune. 4 July 2008. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Haryana Sahitya Akademi Awards". General Knowledge Today. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Poet's Introduction". Paigaam. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "To teacher's with love". DB Corp Ltd. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Haryana Governor releases two books". WebIndia123.com. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.