Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||1,086 ft (331 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||445137|
Unionport was platted in 1837. The community took its name from Union Township. A post office was established at Unionport in 1878, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902.
Unionport is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "Unionport, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 330. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was platted on March 30, 1837...
- Tucker, E. (1882). History of Randolph County, Indiana: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers : to which are Appended Maps of Its Several Townships. A.L. Klingman. p. 50.
- "Randolph County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
|This Randolph County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|