United States Post Office (Astoria, Oregon)
U.S. Post Office and Custom House
View from the southeast, across Commercial Street, in 2010
|Location||750 Commercial Street|
|Area||40,000 square feet (3,700 m2)|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival|
|Part of||Astoria Downtown Historic District (#98000631)|
|MPS||Significant US Post Offices in Oregon 1900–1941 TR|
|NRHP reference #||85000542|
|Added to NRHP||March 4, 1985|
The United States Post Office in Astoria, Oregon, United States, is a historic building constructed in 1933. It is a two-story building on a raised basement. Its exterior dimensions are 79 by 137 feet (24 m × 42 m). Its 11-bay front facade is divided by flat fluted pilasters with Corinthian capitals supporting a full entablature, with a balustraded parapet above, and a red-tiled hipped roof rising behind that. Its foundations had to be blasted by dynamite.
- Kolva, H. J. (September 5, 1984), National Register of Historic Places Inventory — Nomination Form for Federal Properties: U.S. Post Office and Custom House, Astoria, Oregon (PDF), retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database, retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Goodenberger, John E. (August 19, 1997), National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Astoria Downtown Historic District (PDF), retrieved May 30, 2017.
- National Park Service (March 15, 1985), Weekly announcement of National Register of Historic Places actions (PDF), p. 29, retrieved May 30, 2017.
- National Register of Historic Places photographic file
- Significant U.S. Post Offices In Oregon – 1900 to 1941 – Thematic Resources, National Register of Historic Places cover documentation
- Media related to United States Post Office (Astoria, Oregon) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Oregon on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|