United States Post Office (Bay Shore, New York)
US Post Office-Bay Shore
U.S. Post Office, March 2010
|Location||10 Bay Shore Avenue, Bay Shore, NY|
|Architect||Louis A. Simon & Wheeler Williams|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival|
|Governing body||U.S. Postal Service|
|MPS||US Post Offices in New York State, 1858-1943, TR|
|NRHP Reference #||88002455|
|Added to NRHP||November 17, 1988|
Bay Shore Post Office, the U.S. post office in Bay Shore, New York, is located at 10 Bay Shore Avenue just north of Main Street. It serves the ZIP code 11706, as well as Kismet, Saltaire, Dunewood, Fair Harbor, and Point O'Woods, on Fire Island.
Bay Shore Post Office was designed by Louis A. Simon and artist Wheeler Williams. Unlike Simon's work on the Post Office buildings in Northport, Riverhead, and Westhampton Beach, Bay Shore Post Office was not designed in conjunction with the United States Treasury Department.
- Names acceptable to Post Office for Zip Code 11706
- Bay Shore, NY
- Fair Harbor, NY
- Kismet, NY
- Point O Woods, NY
- Saltaire, NY
- Names not acceptable to Post Office for Zip Code 11706
- Bayshore, NY
- N Bay Shore, NY
- North Bay Shore, NY
- W Bay Shore, NY
- West Bay Shore, NY
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- Larry E. Gobrecht (November 1986). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: U.S. Post Office - Bay Shore, New York". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2010-02-20. See also: "Accompanying four photos".
- Suffolk County Listings at the National Register of Historic Places.COM, a private website
- "Zip Code Lookup".
- Suffolk County Listings at a private website copying National Register of Historic Places information
|This article about a historic property or district in Suffolk County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|