This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Juune (original name)|
|Origin||Hollywood, California, United States|
|Years active||2001–2014, 2016-present|
|Labels||Tooth and Nail, Flicker, Sony BMG, Authentik Artists, Madison Line|
They are known for their song "What I've Done", which made the top-ten songs on contemporary hit radio chart and was used for ABC's "Private Practice" television series and ABC's Grey's Anatomy season 3 DVD. Their song "In My Head" was featured in Grey's Anatomy season 6 episode 3.
The band is also known for their song "Sleepless" which reached number one in Greece in June and July 2008 and number four in Norway in June 2008.
The band released their second album Young and Foolish on August 21, 2012, on Madison Line Records.
Josh Ballard, Dan Ballard, Chris Foley, and Justin Turley self-produced and released several EPs and played many shows in the Hollywood area, under the name Juune. To get the attention of major labels, they hopped "the fence at Capitol Records and put flyers on cars" said Josh Ballard. They set a deadline of being signed by June 2005 or they would break up.
In the spring of 2004, drummer Turley left the band to move closer to his family in Texas, and he was replaced by Jamie Pitts. The band continued to self-produce and release EPs and label interest began growing in late 2004.
In the spring of 2005, as the band was in the early stages of negotiating with several labels, Foley left the band to get married, and Pitts left to continue pursuing his academic goals. Daniel Dempsey joined the band shortly thereafter.
Their self-titled debut extended play, Until June – The EP, featuring Josh Ballard on keyboards and vocals, Dan Ballard on guitar, Dempsey on drums, and Foley on bass, was released in March 2006.
The band's first international success was in Greece when the single, "Sleepless", topped the radio charts on May 8, 2008.
In late 2008, the band left Flicker to sign with Authentik Artists.
The band was planning on releasing their second album in 2010, which might be entitled www. Mixing of the album was reportedly completed March 27, 2010. However, the band posted a status update on May 11, 2010, noting "Re-doing a few guitar tracks for www It's sounding quite lovely." Mariah McManus sings backing vocals on one of the songs. On May 19, 2010, the band gave an album update, stating "It's official now. Finally after two years the second full length UJ record is done.". As of June 15, 2010, the album was "coming soon".[better source needed]
The band's album, Young and Foolish, was released August 21, 2012. The trio produced the album themselves, but brought in Grammy Award-winning mixer Kevin Killen, to help achieve the "atmospheric blend".
- Until June (2007)
- Young and Foolish (2012)
- Until June – The EP
- Sound of Defeat (2009)
- Juune EP - May 2002
- The Blue EP - March 2003
- The Red EP - January 2003
- Unnoticed EP - August 2003
- Why Not Stop EP - June 2004
- My Luck's Run Out EP - (never released) January 2005
Featured television series spots
- "What I've Done" featured on ABC's Private Practice commercials fall 2007
- "What I've Done" featured on ABC's Grey's Anatomy DVD season 3 box set
- "In My Head" featured on ABC's Grey's Anatomy Season 6 episode 603 (October 1, 2009)
- "You Do" featured on CW Gossip Girl
- "What I've Done" number 4 (December 21, 2007, R&R)
- "Sleepless'" number one, Greece (May 8 and May 15, 2008, R&R)
- "Sleepless" number 4, Norway (July 2008)
- "What Went Wrong" (August 2012)
- Josh Ballard - vocals, piano, keyboards
- Dan Ballard - guitar, backing vocals
- Daniel Dempsey - drums (2005-)
- Chris Foley - bass (2001-2005)
- Justin Turley - drums, backing vocals (2001-2004)
- Jamie Pitts - drums (2004-2005)
- [dead link] July 11, 2012.  Archived July 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- June 19, 2010. . Until June (via Facebook). Retrieved June 21, 2010.
- July 11, 2012. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link). Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- [full citation needed] December 6, 2007. Weekend 22 Countdown radio program. Retrieved November 6, 2007.