This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kevin Killen (born October 22, 1959) is a music producer, engineer, and mixer. His work has been recognized by multiple awards and nominations, and he has worked with a range of recording artists including Shakira, Peter Gabriel, U2, David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Kate Bush, Jewel, Bon Jovi and Shawn Colvin.
Among Killen's credits, he mixed Sugarland's multi-platinum Love on the Inside featuring three chart singles in "All I Want to Do", "Already Gone" and "It Happens", all Number One hits on the Billboard country singles charts. In 2014, he mixed Suzanne Vega's latest release Tales from the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles and recorded David Bowie's single "Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)" from his release, Nothing Has Changed.
Perhaps one of his most formidable productions is the original soundtrack to one of the most popular music films ever, The Commitments. Kevin co-produced and mixed that album.
Awards & Nominations
Killen won 5 Grammys for his contributions to the Shakira album Oral Fixation, Vol. 1 (2005) He has received Grammy nominations for Best Jazz Instrumental Category for his work on Allen Toussaint's The Bright Mississippi (2009) and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical, for Seth Glier's The Trouble With People (2012). In 2013 he received a Juno Award for recording and mixing Johnny Reid's Fire It Up CD as Best Country Album.
- "Reckoning’ produced by Five-Time Grammy Award Winner Kevin Killen receives raves!". TS Magazine.
- "The Kevin Killen Interview". Input/Output.
- Howard Massey, Behind the Glass: Top Record Producers Tell how They Craft the Hits, Volume 2 (Hal Leonard Corporation, 2009), ISBN 978-0879309558, pp. 107-113. Excerpts available at Google Books.
- Maureen Droney, "Kevin Killen: On Recording Peter Gabriel, Elvis Costello, and More", Mix, May 1999, reprinted in Barbara Schultz, ed., Music Producers: Conversations with Today's Top Hit Makers (Hal Leonard Corporation, 2000), ISBN 978-0872887305, pp. 133-142. Excerpts available at Google Books.
- Past winners search at grammy.com (accessed 2014-03-27).