This is not Anthere's page; this is a page about her. There is a difference. As any wiki page, one may freely edit it. Anthere, naturally, may revert it as well.
Hello ! Anthere
for wikipedians since early 2002, my name in real life is Florence Nibart-Devouard
. From 2004 to 2008, I held a position on the board of trustees
of the Wikimedia Foundation
, first as vice-chair, then as chair (following Jimmy Wales
. After 3 terms, very proud of the work done, but a little tired nevertheless, I decided not to run
for a 4th term.
I became a member of the Advisory board of Wikimedia Foundation.
Co-founder of the association Wikimedia France at the end of 2004, I stayed for a long time on its board. I decided at the end of 2012 to stop my involvement as vice-president of its board of directors.
In real life, I am manager of international projects and may also be a public speaker or advisor. Check out my website: devouard.org or my linkedin profile.
I conceived and then run various projects related to Wikimedia projects. In the recent years, this is particularly the case of
- Wiki Loves Africa an annual photography contest whose theme changes each year, with a common context: Africa;
- m:Kumusha Takes Wiki, an outreach project in Uganda and Côte d'Ivoire (2013-2015);
- m:Wiki Loves Women, a project initially meant to release content on African women in Nigeria, Côte d'Ivoire, Cameroon and Ghana (2016-2017), which morphed into an initiative to upskill and inspire women lead organizers;
- m:WikiFundi, a software that provides off-line editing environment that mimics the Wikipedia environment. It allows training and contribution when technology, access and electricity outages fail or are not available at all
- c:ISA Tool, a microcontribution tool to add structured data to Wikimedia Commons images
- m:WikiChallenge Ecoles d’Afrique, an annual writing contest in French speaking Africa primary schools
- m:WikiAfrica Hours, a vodcast
I am a participant to the French and English versions of Wikipedia since February 2002, sometimes of other wikimedia projects. For several years, I was m:Steward and part of the Wikipedia:Mediation Committee on the English-speaking Wikipedia at its start (2002 or 2003?). I have a status of administrator on the English and French versions of Wikipedia, on meta and commons, as well as a status of bureaucrat on fr:
From an association/usergroup perspective...
And ... for those who could have escaped (is it possible?), I am a m:WikiWoman, I am 54 years old and have three kids.
Do not hesitate to leave me a message on my discussion page or to send me an e-mail.
My meta user page : User:Anthere
Page utilisateur en français : Utilisateur:Anthere
- Conflict of interest disclosure