I am a New Zealander born in the North Island and living in the South.
I have always liked the environment, geography and nature.
I have specific interests in New Zealand Trees/plants and animals, specifically birds. It seems like people have been doing a lot of work on the birds articles, so I am concentrating on the plant ones in which there are a lot gaps.
I also like islands (even small ones in lakes etc).
I'm also interested in Māori names for things and getting these correctly spelt using macrons, which many people don't know about.
Just some of my contributions:
Aciphylla aurea • Cyathea smithii • Hoheria angustifolia • Hoheria glabrata • Hoheria sexstylosa • Kōwhai • Olearia odorata • Olearia bullata • toetoe
Enderby Island Rabbit, Monkfish BIRDS
ISLANDS Mahurangi Island (Goat Island), Mou Waho Island, Pig Island, Pigeon Island, Putauhinu Island, Stevensons Island
MOUNTAINS Ben Lomond, Cecil Peak, Queenstown Hill, Walter Peak
LAKES Lake Hauroko, Lake Hayes, Lake Johnson, Lake Wakatipu, Moke Lake
RIVERS Kawarau River, Wairaurahiri River
Arthurs Point, Cromwell, Fernhill, Gibbston, Kelvin Heights, Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown-Lakes District, Waimate District
National Transport and Toy Museum, Wanaka Queenstown Gardens
Fumiaki Tanaka, Jamie Mackintosh, Jarrad Hoeata, William Gilbert Rees
Fergburger, The Queenstown Trail
Lake Ohau (finnish) - first non english wiki edit
To do list:
- Add map to Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Add images to Taradale, Hawke's Bay
- Create Southland temperate forests
- Add Motueka Island (Pigeon Island)
- Add Botanical Gardens, Napier
- Expand Mount Cook Village
- Lake Dunstan and Cromwell Gorge
- Cooper Island
- Check Rhaphidophoridae
- Glenorchy, New Zealand rewrite
- Mt Crichton build
- Add maori history to queenstown.
- Toetoe species 5x additions
- Fix south cape is. Info and add animal list.
- Images/drawings for Category:Endemic marine fish of New Zealand
The characters are ā, ē, ī, , ō, and ū.
ā is ā , Ā is Ā
ē is ē , Ē is Ē
ī is ī , Ī is Ī
ō is ō , Ō is Ō
ū is ū , Ū is Ū
Part of the Wikipedia:WikiProject New Zealand group.