|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I am a Wikipedia editor who enjoys contributing to articles about technical subjects – electronics, computer science, construction, and related fields. I began editing under this username in October 2009, when I added some information to the article NEMA connector. You can leave a message for me at User talk:PleaseStand.
I often correct spelling, grammar, usage, and style issues in existing articles and sometimes create or expand new articles. Some have appeared on the main page. Did you know...
- ... that Columbia University failed to turn a profit on Fathom.com, an early online learning website?
- ... that the cheater plug has been used to remedy ground loops in audio systems, with reckless disregard of electrical safety?
- ... that fume hoods are not biosafety cabinets, and vice-versa?
List of user scripts
- References segregator
- Temporarily moves footnotes to a separate text box on the edit screen, adding them back in when the page is saved. (For use with the source editor, not VisualEditor.)
- Comment highlighter
- Highlights comments you had posted on talk pages.
- User info
- Adds some extra information to user and user talk pages: gender, rights, account age, and edit count.
- Hide Vector sidebar
- Hides the page's sidebar, allowing you to expand it only when necessary. (For use with the default "Vector" skin.)
- User script sandbox
- Allows you to carry out experiments with user JS and CSS code locally – that is, without saving it to your user JS/CSS page first.
Barnstars / awards
List of alternative accounts
Wikipedia policy allows using publicly linked alternative accounts for specific purposes. Below is a list of all accounts I have created for use, or used, on this wiki, verifiable using the user creation log (1, 2).
|Username||Date created||Purpose of account|
|Invitatious (talk · contribs)||May 21, 2006||Oldest account, no longer in use as of July 27, 2006. Edits from February 2012 were only to prove control of account.|
|PleaseStand (talk · contribs)||October 18, 2009||Current main account, used for most manual and assisted edits to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.|
|PleaseStand (alt) (talk · contribs)||March 21, 2010||For editing Wikipedia from computers that I cannot ensure the security of, such as public computers or those of friends or relatives.|
|PleaseStand (bot) (talk · contribs)||June 20, 2010||For running approved bots and bots exempt from approval; not used for manual edits. (Formerly named User:PSBot, not to be confused with User:PsBot.)|
I might have also, while logged out, created some doppelgänger accounts in June or July 2006. These were intended to prevent, prior to the introduction of AntiSpoof, the use of confusable characters for impersonation. I created these while logged out and do not recall any specific usernames (which might have been variations on those of other users for all I know). I likely set the passwords to random strings to prevent further access.
You can find a list of all my user pages on this wiki at Special:PrefixIndex/User:PleaseStand.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at