User talk:GB fan
|Archives for the GB fan talk page|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- 1 why delete the article of wise disk cleaner
- 2 WP:POLITICIAN
- 3 hi
- 4 Deletion of pages
- 5 Deletion of Ladell Parks (actor)
- 6 Discussion on the deletion of Christopher Nixon, a wikia page for a real life person.
- 7 Your recent move of Hüseyin Yıldırım (spy)
- 8 Hay Day
- 9 Impersonation and vandalism
- 10 FORCAM Shop Floor Management
why delete the article of wise disk cleaner
Hi, Why did you delete the article "Wise Disk Cleaner"? "No evidence of notability. There are no independent sources" You can view these pages: http://www.pcworld.com/article/167068/Wise_Disk_Cleaner_Free.html http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2007.12.toolbox.aspx And I can offer you much more.
- I deleted the article, Wise Disk Cleaner because it was proposed to be deleted by JamesBWatson on 24 June 2013. Over the next 7 days no one objected to the deletion of the article. Since it was deleted via the prod process I will undelete it if anyone requests. Do you want it undeleted? GB fan 12:57, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
Your comments at Wikipedia talk:Articles for deletion#Don Balfour (politician) BLP issues, about Senator Balfour not measuring up to WP:GNG, made me wonder how acquainted you were with the wi
whether you are sufficiently acquainted with WP:POLITICIAN. Several other contributors brought up this special purpose notability guideline. I think you will find Special purpose guidelines take precedence over the GNG in those limited instances where they apply.
Medal of Honor receipients? Notable without having to satisfey GNG.
Generals and Admirals? Notable without having to satisfy GNG.
Politicians and other officeholders at the State/Province and Federal/Nation level are presumed notable, without having to satisfy GNG, per POLITICIAN.
Have you nominated any other articles for deletion, because you thought the subject didn't measure up to GNG? Is it possible that any of those earlier AFD might have been on articles on topics where a special purpose guideline applied, instead of GNG? Geo Swan (talk) 01:21, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- Special purpose guidelines do not take precedence over GNG. Special guidelines list out under what circumstances the subject is likely to be notable, not when they absolutely are. Take WP:Politician for example. That section is a subsection of the Additional criteria section of Wikipedia:Notability (people). Everything that falls under Additional criteria needs to follow the text there. That text says: "People are likely to be notable if they meet any of the following standards. Failure to meet these criteria is not conclusive proof that a subject should not be included; conversely, meeting one or more does not guarantee that a subject should be included." When you break that apart it talks about what meeting the special guidelines means and what not meeting them means. It starts off with people are likely to be notable if they meet any of the criteria, including WP:Politician. It does not say they are absolutely notable if they meet a special criteria. It goes on to say that not meeting any of the criteria does not mean that the person is not notable. It also specifically says that someone who does meet one or more of the special guidelines does not guarantee that the person should be included in the encyclopedia. When you actually read the whole guideline it does not say that anyone is automatically notable for who they are.
- Reading the main WP:Notability guideline, the Notability requires verifiable evidence section it says: "The common theme in the notability guidelines is that there must be verifiable, objective evidence that the subject has received significant attention from independent sources to support a claim of notability." It goes on to say: "No subject is automatically or inherently notable merely because it exists: The evidence must show the topic has gained significant independent coverage or recognition, ...." Everything I read says you are wrong in your assertion that the special guidelines override the need for significant coverage in reliable sources. Can you point to a guideline that says the special guidelines override the need for significant coverage in reliable sources? GB fan 02:17, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- I didn't answer the question you asked. Everything I have ever nominated at AFD is because it did not in my estimation meet WP:Notability. If you feel my nominations might be flawed, you can go back through my contributions and evaluate them and ask for WP:Deletion review on any you want. GB fan 10:42, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
but it s his page and he asked me to remove the page shouldnt it be up to him? how can i delete his page ?ill just go into hiz account my name is tyla joyes my father wayne ray wants me to delete his page so please stop changing it back it needs to be erased — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:08, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please do not remove sourced information from the article again. Assuming you are his daughter, he does not get to decide what information is in the article. GB fan 17:12, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
but it s his page and he asked me to remove the page shouldnt it be up to him? how can i delete his page ?ill just go into hiz account i need to delete wayne ray s page he asked me too, there are mistakes in the article . I need to know how i can do this — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tylajoyes (talk • contribs) 17:54, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- To begin with it is not his page. It is a page about him. If there are mistakes, go to the article's talk and explain what the problems are and provide reliable sources to back up your information. If you do not believe the article meets our notability guidelines you can follow the process at WP:AFD. Please stop editing the page and use the talk page. GB fan 17:59, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Deletion of pages
Hello why have you deleted the page Isaack Damian? I would like to really understand the criteria used and how I can fix the problem at hand. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Clifforddenis (talk • contribs) 13:29, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- It was deleted for the same reasons it was deleted when you created under the account Isaackdamian. There is no credible claim to significance and the article is written like an advertisement, trying to promote him. If you feel he meets our notability guidelines the best way to proceed is to create a draft and then when you think it is ready you can ask for it to be reviewed. Also limit yourself to one account instead of two. You can create the draft in your userspace such as User:Clifforddenis/Isaack Damian. Also before creating the draft, you should read Wikipedia:Your first article. GB fan 14:35, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Deletion of Ladell Parks (actor)
Hi I'm writing because you have deleted a well known actor he has worked with other amazing actors like Zac Efron, Lindsay Shaw from Pretty Little Lairs and he's in the new spider-man movie. I was wondering if you can undelete it. If you can plus help me make the page better without he being deleted. Mikeunknown (talk) 08:26, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
- There is no claim to significance in the article. You said he was well known for small roles, but none of the linked articles mention him at all. I have also looked for sources to support an article. I could not find any reliable sources that discuss Ladell Parks AKA Jeremy Ladell Murph. I will not undelete the article. GB fan 12:05, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
Discussion on the deletion of Christopher Nixon, a wikia page for a real life person.
Please could you inform me of what I should improve upon my wiki article for Christopher Nixon. Also please read this guideline, because you are not following it. "Users nominating a page for speedy deletion should specify which criterion/criteria the page meets, and should notify the page creator and any major contributors." -Wikipedia, []
- You were informed all three times that the article was deleted under what criteria it was nominated, but since I never nominated it for deletion, the part of the policy you quote above does not apply to me. Another editor nominated the article for deletion and I performed one of the three deletions. You should read your talk page and if you have any specific questions let me or one of the editors that nominated the article for deletion know what you don't understand. GB fan 10:34, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Your recent move of Hüseyin Yıldırım (spy)
Hi! Please note that your move of "Hüseyin Yıldırım (spy)" to "Hüseyin Yıldırım" was not necessary and is wrong. I had explained the problem in the talk page of "Hüseyin Yıldırım" after it was tagged for "speedy deletion". Once again, there are a great number of links existing for "Hüseyin Yıldırım", who in this case is, I guess, a Kurdish militan, who has nothing to do with the man, who is a spy. As it is cumbersome to change all the wikilinks of the Kurdish man linking to the spy article, I had to name it "Hüseyin Yıldırım (spy)". Is there anything not correct? If your move remains as it is, wrong links would confuse the reader. --CeeGee 11:20, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- I made a change to a template that was transcluded across the articles. That should fix the problem of those articles linking to this article. It might take a few hours for the Pages that link here to update. We do not normally disambiguate a page name when there is no other article with the same name. GB fan 11:49, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- CeeGee, all the inappropriate links to the article have been fixed with the one edit I made to that template, any other concerns with my move? GB fan 12:20, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello GB fan,
I have worked to make the page for Hay Day, because this is a very popular game (around 28 milions people shown in game - it can be checked here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supercell.hayday - Number of Installs). A lot of my friends play this game and I think it will become even more popular. I have worked for an hour to edit this page on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_Day Please undelete it because I think it has useful information. I want to write more articles but this is my first.
- The article was not deleted, it was converted back to a redirect. The article did not include reliable sources that provided significant coverage of the game. GB fan 16:16, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Impersonation and vandalism
- Thanks, they have also hit my user and talk pages, I reported them to WP:UAA. GB fan 00:34, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello GB Fan,
I was hoping to get more specific details on why you deleted the FORCAM page on April 1st of 2013? Can it be undeleted upon my request? If there are changes needed before it can be reinstated, please let me know and I can make them. We are a young company and would love to have a page up.
Thanks for your help,
- The article was purely a promotional piece for the company. It was entirely sourced to the companies website and obviously written by someone associated with the company. Any article would have to be supported by reliable sources that are independent of your company. If you have a conflict of interest you should not be creating the article, you should wait for someone else to write the article. GB fan 18:16, 5 March 2014 (UTC)