User talk:GB fan
- Yes red links are used to encourage new articles. You should look two sections down from your link above and also read the section it links to, MOS:DABRL. Disambiguation pages are different from articles and that is what you added your red link to. -- GB fan 01:06, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- Krett12, that isn't a defense. The last edit before you edited the draft was made a year and a half ago. You reverted to a version that is almost 3 years old. That version was when it was in the main space as an article. After that version it was nominated for deletion and the outcome of the AFD was to covert it to a userspace draft. You need to stop, look at the situation and then look again before reverting and warning. You make way to mistakes and if you continue you will be blocked here also. -- GB fan 02:43, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Tha Underworld Followed
I see you declined my speedy deletion proposition on Tha Underworld Followed. This article fails WP:NALBUMS and WP:RS. There's not enough information on the internet about this album. All text there is just copied from Allmusic and there's no review done by them. Tracklist is nowhere to be found. Help me in choosing the right criteria for speedy deletion. – Sabbatino (talk) 17:48, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Sabbatino, the speedy deletion criterion you added said that the article did not have enough content to understand what the article is about. You obviously know what the article is about. There is no speedy deletion criterion that can be used to delete the article. You do have some other options though. You could redirect it to Arabian Prince#Solo. You would just replace the content of the article with, #REDIRECT [[Arabian Prince#Solo]]. If you think the article should be deleted rather than redirected you will need to either nominate it using WP:PROD or WP:AFD. -- GB fan 18:38, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
Please rethink declining these CSDs
Hi, I'd like you to rethink the declining of those CSDs I nominated. When I nominated them for deletion, the creator of the page was already notified that the page was/was going to be moved. Could you please delete these pages? Please note that all the other pages I nominated were deleted.
List of pages
User:Burnswiki2/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Concord Montessori School, notified Burnswiki2 (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Infospec52/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Glen Cove Christian Academy, notified Infospec52 (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Lucasjmonaco/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Crooked Beat Records, notified Lucasjmonaco (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Dondwiki440/Jim M. Baker (previously User:Jimmbaker/Jim M. Baker) - Moved to Draft:Jim M. Baker, notified Dondwiki440 (talk · contribs) (previously Jimmbaker (talk · contribs)) about the move.
User:Treespin/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Bernard Moore, notified Treespin (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Pasaka1010/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Grace Maumbe, notified Pasaka1010 (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Spalunka/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Patrick Wiszowaty, notified Spalunka (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Tnccminority/sandbox - Moved to Draft:J. Aslam Basha, notified Tnccminority (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Kier.bee/Asha's Mums - Moved to Draft:Asha’s Mums, notified Kier.bee (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Bigguy9997/S5 Xraazyy - Moved to Draft:Xraazyy, did not notify Bigguy9997 (talk · contribs) about the move, although I did tell them about the process.
User:Lagula/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Ben Ellman (2), notified Lagula (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Kaliyugan/sandbox/Tamil Eelam Cricket - Moved to Draft:Tamil Eelam Cricket, notified Kaliyugan (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Rustberg/sandbox - Moved to Draft:Los Angeles Youth Orchestra, notified Rustberg (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Tainnietham/sandbox/Sistem RKK - Moved to Draft:Sistem RKK, notified Tainnietham (talk · contribs) about the move.
User:Uql earthsci/Ethel raybould - Moved to Draft:Ethel Raybould, notified Uql earthsci (talk · contribs) about the move.
Anarchyte (work | talk) 08:06, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
- Anarchyte, I am always open to relooking at deletions or declines. I relooked through the reasons to delete a redirect and do not see any of those reasons that fit these redirects. I also relooked at the the speedy deletion criterion and do not see any that fit. Looking back through the redirects, I also see that I am not the only admin that is telling you that there is declining the speedy deletion of these redirects, Graeme Bartlett has also declined some of the redirects on your list above. If you can explain how having these redirects harms the encyclopedia or removing them helps the encyclopedia I would be willing to look again. With the information you have provided, I stand by my decision to not delete these redirects. -- GB fan 11:38, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
- I didnot see any policy either for deleting the redirects, and I thought it could be good for the person who has written the page to still be able to follow the redirect to see the page they wrote before. Most of the writers here are not experienced, and could easily lose their page if it is moved. Just because their watchlist is updated, or their talk page has a not does not mean that they know how to use those mechanisms to navigate. However I do have a bit of sympathy to a G7 deletion if someone created a redirect, but becuase of the trouble caused to the newby writers, I think it is better to retain these sort of redirect created by moving some one elses userpage draft to article space. Graeme Bartlett (talk) 02:30, 4 February 2016 (UTC)