|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Avicennasis.
|This is Avicennasis's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Avicennasis.|
This user talk page might be talk page stalkers which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.by friendly
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
Your draft article, Draft:Vee Technologies
In accordance with our policy that Articles for Creation is not for the indefinite hosting of material deemed unsuitable for the encyclopedia mainspace, the draft has been nominated for deletion. If you plan on working on it further, or editing it to address the issues raised if it was declined, simply and remove the
If your submission has already been deleted by the time you get there, and you wish to retrieve it, you can request its undeletion by following the instructions at this link. An administrator will, in most cases, restore the submission so you can continue to work on it.
G13 category change
FYI, Category:Candidates for speedy deletion as abandoned AfC submissions has been renamed to Category:Candidates for speedy deletion as abandoned drafts or AfC submissions in accordance to the change in the criteria. – Train2104 (t • c) 14:24, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
Moves and redirects ...
Hi, few days ago, after discussion and consensus, article "Catholicism" was moved to "Catholicism (term)", but it seems that none of the redirects were subsequently redirected to the new title, and now the article has no redirects at all. I saw that some, or maybe all of them, were actually redirected by this bot to another article, and thus several problems were created, since some of those redirects were used as links in many articles. There are several issues here, and it would be best to correct this situation simply by redirecting all of those redirects to the new title of the original article: Catholicism (term). Sorabino (talk) 10:16, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (August 2017).
- Nakon • Scott
- Sverdrup • Thespian • Elockid • James086 • Ffirehorse • Celestianpower • Boing! said Zebedee
- ACTRIAL, a research experiment that restricts article creation to autoconfirmed users, will begin on September 7. It will run for six months. You can learn more about the research specifics at meta:Research:Autoconfirmed article creation trial, while Wikipedia talk:Autoconfirmed article creation trial is probably the best venue for general discussion.
- Following an RfC, WP:G13 speedy deletion criterion now applies to any page in the draftspace that has not been edited in six months. There is a bot-generated report, updated daily, to help identify potentially qualifying drafts that have not been submitted through articles for creation.
- You will now get a notification when someone tries to log in to your account and fails. If they try from a device that has logged into your account before, you will be notified after five failed attempts. You can also set in your preferences to get an email when someone logs in to your account from a new device or IP address, which may be encouraged for admins and accounts with sensitive permissions.
- Syntax highlighting is now available as a beta feature (more info). This may assist administrators and template editors when dealing with intricate syntax of high-risk templates and system messages.
- In your notification preferences, you can now block specific users from pinging you. This functionality will soon be available for Special:EmailUser as well.
AvicBot (make a tiny bit less touchy?)
I created a double redirect this evening that your bot corrected within one minute of creation. Very noble, but I had been considering redoing the middle link into a sort of disambiguation page. In the end I decided not to, but then found your bot had already been at work. I'd encourage you to have the bot wait a few minutes to make sure nothing else will happen before fixing something like this in the future. The existence of a double redirect for 5–10 minutes hurts nobody. Thanks for your consideration. StevenJ81 (talk) 04:38, 4 September 2017 (UTC)
- P.S. Wikipedia:Bots/Noticeboard#Behavior of Xqbot. --Edgars2007 (talk/contribs) 07:00, 4 September 2017 (UTC)