Justification of edit to Cannabidiol wiki page
The Parkinson's sub-topic cited this article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1755-5949.2008.00065.x/abstract
The article incorrectly claims:
"Early human reports showed a dose-related improvement (ranging from 20 to 50%) in parkinsonian patients treated with oral doses of CBD (100–600 mg/day over a 6-week period)"
and cites this article: (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3793381)
But the exact statement from Consroe et al. says the following:
"Dose-related improvement in dystonia was observed in all patients and ranged from 20 to 50%."
This implies that improvement was seen in dystonic symptoms and not Parkinsonian symptoms. Dystonia and Parkinson's are similar and can coexist, but from my understanding are not the exact same thing.
Consroe et al. actually purport that "[...] 2 patients with coexisting Parkinsonian features, CBD at doses over 300 mg/day exacerbated the hypokinesia and resting tremor. CBD appears to have antidystonic and Parkinsonism-aggravating effects in humans."
Which contradicts the statement made by Iuvone et al. that dose-related improvement was exhibited by Parkinsonian patients treated with oral doses of CBD. In truth, it is implied that the patients in the Consroe et al. study were dystonia patients who also had Parkinsonian symptoms.
So, in conclusion, dystonia seems to respond well to CBD, but CBD aggravates Parkinsonian symptoms, as reported by Consroe et al. and misinterpreted by Iuvone et al. - DystoniaPatient 03:48, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
- This is not the place for your comment. It should be placed on the Talk:Cannabidiol page. Unfortunately your edits violate several of our formatting and sourcing policies. You need to read WP:MEDRS. We don't use primary sources for medical information. -- Brangifer (talk) 04:00, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
- Your edits have been reverted, and per BOLD, Revert, Discuss please start a "Discussion" on the talk page. Don't attempt to restore your edits until a discussion has reached a consensus about what to do. A collaborative solution should be sought, since edit warring is not allowed here. I'm sure we can figure this out. -- Brangifer (talk) 04:05, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Hello, DystoniaPatient, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few links to pages you might find helpful:
- Introduction and Getting started
- Contributing to Wikipedia
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page and How to develop articles
- How to create your first article
- Simplified Manual of Style
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions, ask me on my talk page, or and a volunteer will visit you here shortly. Again, welcome! -- Brangifer (talk) 04:00, 11 August 2014 (UTC)