Welcome to the Wikipedia!
- Take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial and Manual of Style.
- When you have time, take a look at The five pillars of Wikipedia, and Assume good faith, but keep in mind the unique style you brought to the Wiki!
- Always keep the notion of NPOV in mind, be respectful of others' POV, and remember your unique perspective on the meaning of neutrality is invaluable!
- If you need any help, post your question at the Help Desk.
- Explore, be bold in editing, and, above all else, have fun!
And some odds and ends: Boilerplate text, Brilliant prose, Cite your sources, Civility, Conflict resolution, How to edit a page, How to write a great article, Pages needing attention, Peer review, Policy Library, Utilities, Verifiability, Village pump, Wikiquette
You can sign your name on any page by typing 4 tildes: ~~~~. Best of luck, Echelon, and have fun!
(Yes, I'm welcoming myself!) --echelon talk 02:48, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm searching for a new username, and I was going to (maybe) choose yours... but you already exist! Cool username. And here's a welcome from me:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- The Manual of Style
Some other hints and tips:
- Since you have created a username, you have the privilege of customizing your own user page, which is here. You can also tell us more about yourself at Wikipedia:New user log.
- When using talk pages, please sign your name at the end of your messages by typing four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically produce your username and the date.
Thanks again for contributing to Wikipedia. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian.