Hello Hotdogs, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, check out Wikipedia:Where to ask a question or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! --MPerel ( talk | contrib) 21:52, 24 October 2005 (UTC)
Help me save articles from deleation
a user by the IP address 126.96.36.199 put up proposals to delete the article about the Che Cafe  and the Smell , I noticed that you we're the one who created both articles, so if a debate arises to delete both articles, it would be good if you can support my arguments against deletion.
oh also on the Che Cafe talk page, what you wrote down is excellent information, I think it would be great if you put that on the actual article itself, I think it supplies good enough information already. I don't think any changes are necessary.
Thanks - RiseRobotRise
Hey no problem, I'd like to point out that the account of the person who proposed the deletion of the Che and the Smell was created quite recently (April 8th infact), and has already proposed deletion of many various articles with that account and his/her IP address. I'm not sure if this person has seen the article regarding the Casbah because I actually created that article about an hour after the proposed deletion of the Che and the Smell. It seems that the account was created for the sole perpose of deleting articles, and I'm suspecting that it might be a sockpuppet of another user.
On another note I'm considering creating articles about Kill Me Tomorrow, Gogogo Airheart, upsilon acrux, and possibly other notable southern california bands. I'll let you know when I start on them.
oh, and thanks for showing your support in keeping both articles on Wikipedia. -RiseRobotRise
An article about one of Justin Pearson's older projects, Swing Kids (band) has been nominated for deletion. So far the consensus is pretty much split. If you can help out and add weight to keep the page, that would nice. Thanks RiseRobotRise 00:35, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
- Hawnay Troof needs an article. Somebody removed my link to the band from Abe Vigoda, unfortunately. Kellen T 19:00, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
Hello. I was hoping for your opinion on the articles I created for these venues, seeing as I used Che Cafe, The Smell, 924 Gilman Street, and The Casbah as models for them. Please respond on my talk page, or, any corresponding AfDs. Thanks! PT (s-s-s-s) 00:22, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
- damn, i was actually gonna email you and suggest that you take some better ones than mine cause they're not very good. hopefully you got one of the whole front of the building - i just have it from the back angle looking over the patio which is a really unexciting photo. i do have a good one of the garden sign though, which reminds me that i need to include a section about the garden. did you happen to pick up any good primary source material that we could put in the article? we should really work on making it a lot stronger and including some solid history info. hotdiggitydogs 01:13, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- No I didn't have time to dig through the archives. Maybe next time I'm down; or maybe we could contract somebody reliable at the che to do so and scan stuff for us (unlikely). I got a panorama of the chavez mural, and I got some other garden pics which might be good. I haven't edited my photos down yet. It may also be good to maybe have a whole section on the murals identifying the people in them. Kellen T 01:46, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
Sorry for the late response... but it's my understanding that as long as the name "che" pre-existed the acronym and this was known and intended by the designers of the acronym... then it would qualify as a backronym. Backronyms don't necessarily have to be invented after the fact, they can be made at the time of selecting a name. If you would like to revert the edit though, I would not object. Djcapelis 07:49, 8 May 2007 (UTC)