Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Read the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the Sandbox.
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk or ask me on my talk page.
- To sign your name on a talk page, please finish your comments with ~~~~ (four tildes). The wiki will insert a link to your userpage and the timestamp.
- Not every subject needs its own page. Sometimes it is wiser to deal with certain subjects together on one page. See Wikipedia:Merge and Wikipedia:Redirect for some background. You may want to review Avoiding common mistakes to get started quickly.
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Dr Iglesias, I know you've been around but I've welcomed you above anyway. We've long been waiting for a surgical contributor to Wikipedia (after all the internists, paediatricians and others). Please stay, and consider joining Wikiproject "Clinical medicine". JFW | T@lk 20:55, 8 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Don't worry about basic editing skills. You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly. The links at the top (in my welcome message) should be of some help. JFW | T@lk 09:11, 9 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Hi, dude. :-) I'm looking forward to reading more of your edits. [By the way, I'm a pulmonologist.] If you have any problems, ask JFW. He's the boss of Wikipedia:Clinical medicine. Axl 17:15, 9 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Hi. I found you in categories of users who can contribute in English and Portuguese. I myself am a native speaker of English, but I'm well on my way to learning Portuguese. Just check out my user page and talk page, and join in any of the discussions. To keep updated, you can even put a watch on my user page, which will automatically watch my talk page. :-) learnportuguese (talk) 19:12, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Wikimedia Stories Project
Meu nome é Victor e eu trabalho com a Fundação Wikimedia,organização sem fins lucrativos que apóia a Wikipédia. Estamosnarrando as histórias inspiradoras da comunidade Wikipedia em todo o mundo, incluindo os dos leitores, editores e doadores. As histórias são absolutamente essencial para qualquer organização sem fins lucrativos para persuadir as pessoas novas para apoiar a causa, e nós sabemos que a vasta rede de pessoas que usam a Wikipediatem muito a compartilhar. É importante transmitir a incrível diversidade de pessoas que vieram a contar com a Wikipédia todos os dias.
Eu gostaria realmente a oportunidade de entrevistá-lo para contar a sua história, com a possibilidade de usá-lo em nossos materiais, em sites de nossa comunidade, ou como parte de arrecadação de fundoseste ano para incentivar outras pessoas para apoiar a Wikipédia.
Estarei no Rio de Janeiro no dia 6, 7 e 8 de Março de 2012, e eu vouestar presente:
Eu estou esperando que você vai elaborar sobre a sua históriacomigo. Peço desculpas por qualquer mal-tradução nesta mensagem(talvez possa inspirar uma risada?) Estou usando o Google-traduzirno momento, mas o plano de ter tradutores disponíveis quando estamos no Brasil.
Por favor, deixe-me saber se você está inclinado a participar doProjeto Histórias Wikipedia!
My name is Victor and I work with the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit organization that supports Wikipedia. We're chronicling the inspiring stories from the Wikipedia community around the world, including those from readers, editors, and donors. Stories are absolutely essential for any non-profit to persuade new people to support the cause, and we know the vast network of people who use Wikipedia have so much to share. It's important to convey the incredible diversity of people who've come to rely upon Wikipedia every day.
I'd really like the opportunity to interview you to tell your story, with the possibility of using it in our materials, on our community websites, or as part of this year’s fundraiser to encourage others to support Wikipedia.
I will be in Rio de Janeiro on the 6th, 7th and 8th of March 2012, and i'll be attending:
I'm hoping you will elaborate on your story with me. I apologize for any mis-translation in this message (perhaps it might inspire a laugh?) I am using Google-translate at the moment, but plan to have translators available when we are in Brazil.
Please let me know if you're inclined to take part in the Wikipedia Stories Project!