- 1 Bay Area WikiSalon series kickoff, April 27
- 2 You're a really cool person and you should be proud.
- 3 User:HotArticlesBot/Subscriptions
- 4 Please create documentation pages for your scripts
- 5 New Page Review - newsletter No.2
- 6 HotArticlesBot
- 7 Barnstar
- 8 Bay Area WikiSalon invitation for February 22
- 9 Penicillin
- 10 New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
- 11 Bay Area WikiSalon February reminder
- 12 New Page Review - newsletter No.3
Bay Area WikiSalon series kickoff, April 27
The last Wednesday evening of every month, wiki enthusiasts in the San Francisco Bay Area will gather to collaborate, mingle, and learn about new projects and ideas. We have two brief presentations lined up for our kickoff event in downtown San Francisco:
- The Nueva Upper School recently hosted the first ever high school Wikipedia edit-a-thon. We will hear what interests them about Wikipedia, what they have learned so far, and what they hope to achieve.
- Photojournalist Kris Schreier Lyseggen, author of The Women of San Quentin: The Soul Murder of Transgender Women in Male Prisons, will tell us about her work and how she researched the topic.
We allow time for informal conversation and working on articles. Newcomers and experienced wiki users are encouraged to attend. We will have beverages and light snacks.
Please note: You must register here, and bring a photo ID that matches your registration name. The building policy is strict on this point.
For further details, see here: Wikipedia:Bay Area WikiSalon, April 2016
You're a really cool person and you should be proud.
Hi Kaldari, if you don't have time for the bot, would it be possible to find someone to help maintain it? (Is it structured for that?) It's a really useful tool and a shame that some projects miss out on it czar 07:13, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
Please create documentation pages for your scripts
Hello, I see you created quite a number of useful scripts. Could you please create documentation pages for these? That would be really helpful. They don't have to be long - they just need to state what the script is doing (it doesn't matter if that's already in a comment in the script or not).
Thank you for your recent fix that made the number of edits displayed for each article accurate. It's really looking good! Now, I have a few low-priority suggestions:
- If vandalizing edits and their reverts could be excluded, that would be additionally helpful in determining what articles are getting more useful editing attention and preventing vandals from seeing their exploits run the article they vandalize to the top of the chart, which happened recently for WikiProject Louisville with Doss High School.
- It would be nice if the following text "These are the articles..." could be displayed with a smaller font, or give us the ability with a parameter to do such. This text is currently (IMHO) a little too thick for use in an infobox, like I'm currently doing for WikiProject Louisville.
- It would be nice to have small history links like
(hist)next to each article title, to be able to drill down into recent edits more quickly.
- @Stevietheman: Thanks for the great suggestions. I went ahead and did #2. Kaldari (talk) 02:18, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
|The da Vinci Barnstar|
|for your brilliant HotArticlesBot which not only gives WikiProject members useful insight on hotly edited articles but also adds to the WikiProject's public showcase.|
Bay Area WikiSalon invitation for February 22
The last Wednesday evening of every month, wiki enthusiasts gather at Bay Area WikiSalon to collaborate, mingle, and learn about new projects and ideas.
We allow time for informal conversation and working on articles. Newcomers and experienced wiki users are encouraged to attend. Free Wi-Fi is available so bring your editing devices. We will have beverages (including beer and wine) plus light snacks.
Please note: You should RSVP here, and bring a photo ID that matches your registration name. This also helps us figure out how much food and drink to bring in.
For further details, see: Wikipedia:Bay Area WikiSalon, February 2017
See you soon! Ben Creasy and Wayne | (Subscribe/Unsubscribe to this talk page notice here) | MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:47, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
Your last chance to nominate yourself or any New Page Reviewer, See Wikipedia talk:New pages patrol/Coordination. Elections begin Monday 20 February 23:59 UTC. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:17, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
Bay Area WikiSalon February reminder
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 6 p.m.
For details and to RSVP: Wikipedia:Bay Area WikiSalon, February 2017
See you soon! Ben Creasy and Wayne (co-coordinators) | (Subscribe/Unsubscribe to this talk page notice here) | MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:58, 21 February 2017 (UTC)