Welcome to Wikipedia
Listed below are some brief introductions containing all the basics needed to use, comment on, and contribute to Wikipedia.
- Main Introduction — What is Wikipedia?
- Wikipedia:A Primer for newcomers — A good starting point.
- The Five Pillars — What are the principles behind Wikipedia?
- Quick Introductions to:
- What Wikipedia is not - even though everyone can edit it, Wikipedia is still an encyclopedia.
If you want to know more about a specific subject, Help:Help explains how to navigate the many help pages.
- Google: Wikipedia is very well indexed by Google. Searching for a term, even about an editing question, followed by "wiki" or "wikipedia" usually pulls up what you need.
- Check out Help:Watching pages. Your own Watchlist can become your favorite place to visit.
- If you wish to express an opinion or make a comment, Where to ask questions will point you in the correct direction.
- If you would like to edit an article, the Basic tutorial will show you how, and How to help will give you some ideas for things to edit.
- If you would like to create a new article, Starting an article will explain how to create a new page, with tips for success and a link to Wikipedia's Article Wizard, which can guide you through the process of submitting a new article to Wikipedia.
- For more support and some friendly contacts to get you started, the Editors' Welcome page or the Wikipedia:Teahouse page could be your next stop!
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:58, 24 November 2015 (UTC)