DYK nomination of Lynching of Wilbur Little
Hiya I made a review at Template:Did you know nominations/Lynching of Wilbur Little. There's just one issue about sourcing then it's good to go. Mujinga (talk) 22:11, 21 July 2020 (UTC)
DYK for Rattlesnake Creek (Bronx)
I imagine you are watching the article about Mr Little's lynching carefully with a DYK pending, so you will have noted my reversion a few minutes ago and the discussion I have started on the talk page. What you are unlikely to have noticed is this discussion on my talk page.
I had not noticed until after I reverted the change that a DYK was imminent, and I have no horse in this race. I was simply the reviewer who approved the AFC draft. The reason I am showing this to you is because I imagine y9u ay wish to enter into the discussions (on the article talk page, my talk page seems like the wrong venue). I have no desire to take further part in them, having no horse in this race. I think the editor made the wrong edit for the right reasons. Fiddle Faddle 23:07, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
- Timtrent, Hmm, actually, no, I hadn't been watching it very closely. So, thanks for alerting me. Also, pinging BTV55 who deserves most of the credit as the original author. -- RoySmith (talk) 23:46, 26 July 2020 (UTC)
I have clipped three images of the April 5, 1919, edition of the Chicago Defender, showing the story and its placement on PG1. I do not own the copyright and cannot figure out how to present the images to satisfy the request of Gulbenk. BTV55 (talk) 09:47, 4 August 2020 (UTC) BTV55
13:53, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
DYK for Seton Falls Park
Draft:Erbprinzliches Palais Dessau
Hi Roy - Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, with exception of the article referred to on the draft page, there is no in depth information on the heretidary palace of Dessau. I have contacted the local archive and local history club, who confirmed. The sites you can find on Google are either Postcards or short texts saying that the palace stood on the location where is now the Stadtpark.
News and updates for administrators from the past month (July 2020).
- There is an open request for comment to decide whether to increase the minimum duration a sanction discussion has to remain open (currently 24 hours).
- Speedy deletion criterion T2 (template that misrepresents established policy) has been repealed following a request for comment.
- Speedy deletion criterion X2 (pages created by the content translation tool) has been repealed following a discussion.
- There is a proposal to restrict proposed deletion to confirmed users.
The Signpost: 2 August 2020
- Special report: Wikipedia and the End of Open Collaboration?
- COI and paid editing: Some strange people edit Wikipedia for money
- News and notes: Abstract Wikipedia, a hoax, sex symbols, and a new admin
- In the media: Dog days gone bad
- Discussion report: Fox News, a flight of RfAs, and banning policy
- Featured content: Remembering Art, Valor, and Freedom
- Traffic report: Now for something completely different
- News from the WMF: New Chinese national security law in Hong Kong could limit the privacy of Wikipedia users
- Obituaries: Hasteur and Brian McNeil
15:43, 3 August 2020 (UTC)
Newest Brockhold sock
"8232" listed at Redirects for discussion
A discussion is taking place to address the redirect 8232. The discussion will occur at Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2020 August 5#8232 until a consensus is reached, and anyone, including you, is welcome to contribute to the discussion. Eumat114 (Message) 10:18, 5 August 2020 (UTC)