Note: Until 2007-07-06 I was editing as DLX
|Please note that I will reply to your messages on this page, not on your talk page.
If you prefer to have my replies on your talk page, please let me know.
Important Notice: Your 2013 Arbitration Committee Election vote
Greetings. Because you have already cast a vote for the 2013 Arbitration Committee Elections, I regret to inform you that due to a misconfiguration of the SecurePoll we've been forced to strike all votes and reset voting. This notice is to inform you that you will need to vote again if you want to be counted in the poll. The new poll is located at this link. You do not have to perform any additional actions other than voting again. If you have any questions, please direct them at the election commissioners. --For the Election Commissioners, v/r, TParis
Hi Sander Säde,
I'm not sure how active you are these days on English Wikipedia, but if you are you might be interested in this project to increase the number and quality of articles related to Estonia and the rest of the Baltic states here. It would be great to have you on board. Best, Yakikaki (talk) 16:01, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Hi, Sander Säde,
I have declined the speedy deletion of this article, as playing for the Estonian national men's football team is a Wikipedia:Credible claim of significance, and the WP:A7 speedy deletion criterion doesn't apply in these cases. That's just a technicality.
The important question here is: was there a football player named "Eduard Jõepere" or of a similar name who played one match for the Estonian national team in the 1920s?
It seems to me this might have been a spelling mistake that has been perpetuated across internet sources. I think the correct spelling - and I rely on the Wikipedia article Estonian orthography - should be "Eduard Jöepere".
Your thoughts about this? Peter Austraalias aka --Shirt58 (talk) 10:28, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi and thank you
- I can only find two credible'ish sources about this player - entry for 1921 game and listing of national team players from Postimees. All other quick-google sources seem to be even more dubious, or based on Wikipedia.
- As the inclusion criteria for football in general seems to be rather low, is that sufficient to keep the article?Sander Säde 10:43, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Sander Säde
- Following up on this
- @GiantSnowman and Sir Sputnik: I have pinged the two English language Wikipedia subject matter experts - like it or not, you two - about football into this discussion.
- What do you think about this? Pete AU aka --Shirt58 (talk) 11:55, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- Excellent idea to get some subject matter experts involved - thank you once again! Sander Säde 12:38, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message