User talk:SshibumXZ

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Information.png

Are you in need of help? Click the button that corresponds to what you want, follow the instructions on the page where you will be taken, and click "Save Changes". I will try to respond as soon as I can. Thanks.

If your request does not fit any of the buttons, then write the title of your message in the box below (e.g. "Need you help" or "Thank you") and click the button to the right. You will be taken to a page where you can write your message in the main box and then click the save changes button.

Contents

Tekkami Atchuta Rao[edit]

Hi. Thanks for patrolling new pages. I added references to Tekkami Atchuta Rao and seems like it has enough content to remove the tags placed by you. Please let me know if that was not sufficient. And I hope you would remove tags if they are sufficient.Sagavaj (talk) 11:20, 15 September 2018 (UTC)

@Sagavaj: hi! Yep, Tekkami Atchuta Rao now has more than enough references to remove tags on it (except for the stub tag), feel free to go ahead and remove {{Notability}} and {{Single source}} tags from the aforementioned article. Happy editing!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 20:51, 15 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Ron DeSantis[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Ron DeSantis. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 16 September 2018 (UTC)

Page mover granted[edit]

Wikipedia page mover.svg

Hello, SshibumXZ. Your account has been granted the "extendedmover" user right, either following a request for it or demonstrating familiarity with working with article names and moving pages. You are now able to rename pages without leaving behind a redirect, and move subpages when moving the parent page(s).

Please take a moment to review Wikipedia:Page mover for more information on this user right, especially the criteria for moving pages without leaving redirect. Please remember to follow post-move cleanup procedures and make link corrections where necessary, including broken double-redirects when suppressredirect is used. This can be done using Special:WhatLinksHere. It is also very important that no one else be allowed to access your account, so you should consider taking a few moments to secure your password. As with all user rights, be aware that if abused, or used in controversial ways without consensus, your page mover status can be revoked.

Useful links:

If you do not want the page mover right anymore, just let me know, and I'll remove it. Thank you, and happy editing! Primefac (talk) 16:09, 16 September 2018 (UTC)

List of Commanders of the Escola de Comando e Estado-Maior do Exército (Brazil)[edit]

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm improving the article. Luiz265 (talk) 00:34, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

@Luiz265: thanks!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:58, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Disseminated Lyme Borreliosis[edit]

Hey SshibumXZ, you marked Disseminated Lyme Borreliosis as patrolled, but it was a cut and paste move from Persistent Lyme disease, and a also copyright violation. These are important things to look out for during new page patrolling. You may want to start using the copyright tool for anything that looks well written. Natureium (talk) 00:35, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

@Natureium: hi! Yeah, I do generally check for copyright violations using Earwig's copyvio tool, vide my CSD log. But, yep, I made a mistake not checking for copyvios this time around and not checking for s cut and paste move, especially on an article as well-written as that one, as, in all probability, it would've probably been covered by the encyclopaedia in one way or other. My most sincere apologies for that.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:42, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
No big deal. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that these are things to watch out for. Natureium (talk) 00:48, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
@Natureium: thanks, then!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:59, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:People's Mujahedin of Iran[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:People's Mujahedin of Iran. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Declined speedy deletions[edit]

Speedy deletion declined: Audioguy Records[edit]

Hello SshibumXZ. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Audioguy Records, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: clear COI aside, releasing albums that won notable awards indicates significance. Take it to WP:AFD please (alongside the list of recordings). Thank you. SoWhy 07:21, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Speedy deletion declined: List of Audioguy Records albums[edit]

Hello SshibumXZ. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of List of Audioguy Records albums, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: some of these albums won Korean Music Awards, indicating significance. Thank you. SoWhy 07:22, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

@SoWhy: hi! First, I rearranged your comments a bit, hope you don't mind. Second, as both Audioguy Records and List of Audioguy Records albums have been deleted by another admin (under the A7 criterion, no less), I will not make a huge fuss about this. But, don't you think both of the aforementioned articles should've been deleted under G11? I mean granted I didn't nominate them for speedy deletion under G11 as I should have (my apologies for that), but those articles were pretty damn promotional in nature. What do you opine?
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 15:15, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
G11 is about the text, not the intent. Someone intending to promote can still write a pretty neutral article and G11 requires complete promotional language for deletion. [[WP:G11 explicitly says, it (only) applies to pages that are exclusively promotional and would need to be fundamentally rewritten to conform with Wikipedia:NOTFORPROMOTION. Neither was the case here. As such, both these deletions violate WP:G11's requirements (and A7's of course for the stated reasons). Unfortunately, Yunshui made a mistake here and also did not even consult me before reversing my decision in this manner, both of which is regrettable. I don't care strongly enough about these articles though to raise it at WP:DRV but you should not let such actions influence your editing but instead stick to the policy. Regards SoWhy 15:42, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
@SoWhy: Well, first off my apologies - I didn't realise that a speedy had already been applied and declined for that page those pages (I was deleting it in the process of dealing with creations by Audioguy1, although I'm not sure why I went for G8 for the second one - a fat-fingered moment, I guess). I've no issue at all if you want to recreate the page. None of the records listed were linked, and I wasn't about to check through each and every one of them, so I wasn't aware that some of them may be notable (although I was under the impression that the general consensus for stand-alone lists was that all of the listed items should be notable). Anyway, sorry again for the mistake, and please feel free to undelete if you believe that the page is necessary. Yunshui  15:52, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
@SoWhy: duly noted.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 18:06, 18 September 2018 (UTC)

Correction for Deleted page Ubong King[edit]

Greetings, Thanks for the efforts to keep Wikipedia Safe, I created the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubong_King and although used some contents gotten from a Website but I have the Copyright permission to use it and the owner of the website is ready to provide any necessary copyright permission to use the contents from his website. I seek to request for a re-uploading of the page also if there is a need for me to edit the content in my own words I can still edit it to avoid a repeat of this. Thanks and hoping to read from you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Delords (talkcontribs) 19:02, 17 September 2018 (UTC) Thanks and hoping to read from you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Delords (talkcontribs) 19:02, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

@Delords: hi! I am afraid because of legal reasons, we can't accept copyrighted material, even if you—or any affiliated party of yours—own the copyright to it. See: Wikipedia's guidelines on copyrighted content for more. What you can do, however, is that you can donate copyrighted content to Wikipedia, but, that in itself is a very difficult and complicated process. My suggestion to you would be to just write the article's content in your own words.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 03:55, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
P. S. — Don't forget to sign your comments by adding four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your message.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 03:55, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
Pinging the administrator who deleted the article, JamesBWatson, to email you the copyrighted content (if you have an email account linked with your Wikipedia account). Do remember, however, that posting the copyrighted content again would result in the article being deleted once and again and may result in a block for your account. Happy editing!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 03:55, 18 September 2018 (UTC)

NPR Newsletter No.13 18 September 2018[edit]

Hello SshibumXZ, thank you for your work reviewing New Pages!

The New Page Feed currently has 2700 unreviewed articles, up from just 500 at the start of July. For a while we were falling behind by an average of about 40 articles per day, but we have stabilised more recently. Please review some articles from the back of the queue if you can (Sort by: 'Oldest' at Special:NewPagesFeed), as we are very close to having articles older than one month.

Project news
As part of this project, the feed will have some larger updates to functionality next month. Specifically, ORES predictions will be built in, which will automatically flag articles for potential issues such as vandalism or spam. Copyright violation detection will also be added to the new page feed. See the projects's talk page for more info.
Other
Moving to Draft and Page Mover
  • Some unsuitable new articles can be best reviewed by moving them to the draft space, but reviewers need to do this carefully and sparingly. It is most useful for topics that look like they might have promise, but where the article as written would be unlikely to survive AfD. If the article can be easily fixed, or if the only issue is a lack of sourcing that is easily accessible, tagging or adding sources yourself is preferable. If sources do not appear to be available and the topic does not appear to be notable, tagging for deletion is preferable (PROD/AfD/CSD as appropriate). See additional guidance at WP:DRAFTIFY.
  • If the user moves the draft back to mainspace, or recreates it in mainspace, please do not re-draftify the article (although swapping it to maintain the page history may be advisable in the case of copy-paste moves). AfC is optional except for editors with a clear conflict of interest.
  • Articles that have been created in contravention of our paid-editing-requirements or written from a blatant NPOV perspective, or by authors with a clear COI might also be draftified at discretion.
  • The best tool for draftification is User:Evad37/MoveToDraft.js(info). Kindly adapt the text in the dialogue-pop-up as necessary (the default can also be changed like this). Note that if you do not have the Page Mover userright, the redirect from main will be automatically tagged as CSD R2, but in some cases it might be better to make this a redirect to a different page instead.
  • The Page Mover userright can be useful for New Page Reviewers; occasionally page swapping is needed during NPR activities, and it helps avoid excessive R2 nominations which must be processed by admins. Note that the Page Mover userright has higher requirements than the NPR userright, and is generally given to users active at Requested Moves. Only reviewers who are very experienced and are also very active reviewers are likely to be granted it solely for NPP activities.
List of other useful scripts for New Page Reviewing

  • Twinkle provides a lot of the same functionality as the page curation tools, and some reviewers prefer to use the Twinkle tools for some/all tasks. It can be activated simply in the gadgets section of 'preferences'. There are also a lot of options available at the Twinkle preferences panel after you install the gadget.
  • In terms of other gadgets for NPR, HotCat is worth turning on. It allows you to easily add, remove, and change categories on a page, with name suggestions.
  • MoreMenu also adds a bunch of very useful links for diagnosing and fixing page issues.
  • User:Equazcion/ScriptInstaller.js(info): Installing scripts doesn't have to be complicated. Go to your common.js and copy importScript( 'User:Equazcion/ScriptInstaller.js' ); into an empty line, now you can install all other scripts with the click of a button from the script page! (Note you need to be at the ".js" page for the script for the install button to appear, not the information page)
  • User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js(info): Creates a scrolling new pages list at the left side of the page. You can change the number of pages shown by adding the following to the next line on your common.js page (immediately after the line importing this script): npp_num_pages=20; (Recommended 20, but you can use any number from 1 to 50).
  • User:Primefac/revdel.js(info): Is requesting revdel complicated and time consuming? This script helps simplify the process. Just have the Copyvio source URL and go to the history page and collect your diff IDs and you can drop them into the script Popups and it will create a revdel request for you.
  • User:Lourdes/PageCuration.js(info): Creates a "Page Curation" link to Special:NewPagesFeed up near your sandbox link.
  • User:Writ Keeper/Scripts/deletionFinder.js: Creates links next to the title of each page which show up if it has been previously deleted or nominated for deletion.
  • User:Evad37/rater.js(info): A fantastic tool for adding WikiProject templates to article talk pages. If you add: rater_autostartNamespaces = 0; to the next line on your common.js, the prompt will pop up automatically if a page has no Wikiproject templates on the talk page (note: this can be a bit annoying if you review redirects or dab pages commonly).

Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:11, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (government and legislation)[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (government and legislation). Legobot (talk) 04:28, 18 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:List of Presidents of Brazil[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:List of Presidents of Brazil. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

Speedy deletion declined: Massimo Lodolo[edit]

Hello SshibumXZ. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Massimo Lodolo, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: Claims to meet WP:NACTOR #1 with significant roles in notable films. Thank you. SoWhy 10:21, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:List of cities in Israel[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:List of cities in Israel. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 20 September 2018 (UTC)

Page Curation on 2018 Liga 1 U-19[edit]

Hi there. I already adding citations to reliable sources to 2018 Liga 1 U-19 as I get the sources from The official website of Liga Indonesia. Maybe can you check again if it needs to be improved again? Thanks. Regards Wira rhea (talk) 23:53, 20 September 2018 (UTC)

Wira rhea, oops, sorry for the late reply! I didn't see your message amidst all these RfC invitations. As for your question, yes, you can now remove the {{refimprove}} tag, however, as the Liga 1 U-19 is organised by Liga Indonesia, the article is still susceptible to the {{third party}} tag, but, I am not going to add it. Happy editing!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 15:41, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
Thanks. Regards, Wira rhea (talk) 00:59, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Islamophobia and Israel[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Islamophobia and Israel. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 21 September 2018 (UTC)

Wikiplus[edit]

Can you point me towards the Wikiplus script? I don't remember seeing it before but had a few replies in a row in my watchlist come up with it and I want to take a look at it. Thanks and Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 15:28, 21 September 2018 (UTC)

Barkeep49, sure: it's at User:镜音铃/Wikiplus.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 15:37, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
Thanks. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 16:19, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
Barkeep49, no problem.
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 16:32, 21 September 2018 (UTC)

Help request[edit]

Hello again, apparently the template you took from my talk page posted this message on my talk page instead of yours. I will be fixing this shortly. The following message thus arrived on my TP instead of yours. Here it is:

Hi, I saw your thank you notes. It is very encouraging to see one's efforts appreciated. I looked your profile up and found few matching interests. I needed some help on the following things.
  • Talk:Modi ministry - Changing the article's title to Modi Council of ministers. Rectifying previous government pages accordingly. What is your opinion and how to do it if one wishes to implement it.
  • How to get images for MPs and other government members ? Can I use images from press information bureau, lok sabha and rajya sabha member pictures. That would help a lot, but I am not aware of the copyright and privacy policies for these pages and wikipedia's acceptance of the same.
  • I have seen images being used from Youtube snapshots. Is that acceptable and can we use it for any of the images we need to put up on wikipedia ?
Regards--Politicoindian (talk) 16:48, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
Edit1 - I was writing this message to User talk:SshibumXZ. I hope this was not a mistake --Politicoindian (talk) 16:56, 21 September 2018 (UTC)

Thanks, L293D ( • ) 18:00, 21 September 2018 (UTC)

L293D, thanks! I forgot to change the talk notice target, sorry about that! And @Politicoindian: sorry for making your request get redirected to L293D's talk page, I will be replying to your queries in a bit. Sorry again!
Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 18:19, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
  • Yep, Modi council of ministers seems a better title than Modi ministry, as it is unambigous, however, I would recommend that you start a requested move discussion (I will help you if you have any queries). I prefer to avoid explicitly political articles, so, I will refrain from making any further comments.
  • Yes, images from the Press Information Bureau can be used on Wikipedia under the {{GODL-India}} license (bluelink on Commons) and as an added extra, you don't need to upload any PIB images yourself, as that has already been done by GazothBot on commons, pinging Gazoth who may help you in finding images.
  • Yes, screenshots from YouTube videos can be used on Wikipedia, but, only on videos published through a compatible Creative Commons license, it's a complicated process and one you will probably not need to get too familiar with, considering PIB images will in—all probability—more than suffice.
Do not hesitate to ask me if you have any other query. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 07:57, 22 September 2018 (UTC); edited 08:00, 22 September 2018 (UTC).
  • @SshibumXZ: Hi, i did raise the reqmove template on the Talk:Modi ministry. Hopefully it has been raised correctly with sufficient reasoning Now few more queries -
  • How to redirect a page or delete it. Standing committee (India) This page is redundant due to a more detailed explanation present on List of committees of the Indian government. So either we expand the previous page or delete it or maybe have it redirected to the list page.
  • How to search for images for MPs. The images that I have found are not so easily available nor are all from the Gazothbot. People have uploaded images claiming its their work to go around the copyright and privacy policies. Also I don't think the images of all MPs are present. Can we take the MP images from Loksabha members page & Rajya sabha Members page.
  • Same goes for Indian government organizations. Can we take the logos images from their website ? There are lots of issues with copyrighting and licensing, since there is no official uploader of these images. Case in point being the ISRO logo page in commons. Any suggestions ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Politicoindian (talkcontribs) 00:07, 23 September 2018 (UTC)
Politicoindian, hi again!
  • Redirecting a page is easy, just replace all its content with #Redirect [[PAGE YOU WANT TO REDIRECT THIS PAGE TO]] and voila! The page will be redirected, there's more to it, but this is all it takes, basically.
  • I am afraid I don't have a concrete answer for you on that. The best answer I can give you is to do a Google Image search with configurations for the commons domain (commons.org). Alternatively, you can search on Commons, as, it also has a very powerful search mechanism.
  • Yes, governmental logos can be taken from their websites, this includes government ministries, departments, organisations, authorities et al. They can be uploaded under either {{PD-India-gov}}, {{Edict-gov}} (both bluelinks on Commons), or {{Non-free seal}}, as the case may be. If it is only a logo that you're uploading, I would suggest uploading it here on the English Wikipedia, under a fair use rationale and using the {{Non-free seal}} template. See: File:Comptroller and Auditor General of India logo.png, a file of the organisation/department of accounts that I have uploaded on the English Wikipedia under a fair use rationale.
P. S. — Don't forget to sign your messages by adding four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your message. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 12:01, 23 September 2018 (UTC)
Update: Politicoindian, I almost forgot to tell you this, but, yes, to the best of knowledge Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha MPs's profile pic on their members's page can be uploaded on Commons under the {{GODL-India}} license, see: File:N. K. Singh, IAS with Shaktikanta Das, IAS; Dr. Ashok Lahiri, Dr. Anoop Singh, Dr. Ramesh Chand and Arvind Mehta, IAS.jpg, a file I uploaded on Commons under the aforementioned GODL-India license. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 16:49, 23 September 2018 (UTC)

New Help required -
@SshibumXZ: I thought of continuing in this part since I was hoping for some more guidance. I am working on drafts for other parliamentary committees. I was wondering if we could put infoboxes in them, like this one Template:Infobox U.S. congressional committee. However this one seems to be designed for the US. I am not at all familiar with making an infobox and I don't know if we have to design one from scratch or we can use an exiting one like this Template:Infobox government agency or the aforementioned one. --Politicoindian (talk) 15:19, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Politicoindian, yeah, I had a look at your drafts and they seem fine, so, no problem there. As far as the infobox thing goes, I am not extremely well-versed in making them, so, I can't help you in making one from scratch, but, as a consolation, you would be pleased to know that you can make a customised wrapper of existing templates, such as the ones you mentioned. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 19:40, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Your signature[edit]

Hi. A small point, but I noticed recently, when we posted at the same page, that you seem to be forcing your signature to begin on a new line of text. This is undesirable because it unnecessarily breaks up the flow of text on the page and is inconsistent with the normal way that other people sign their posts, so it is visually jarring. Wikipedia:Signatures#Appearance and color says: "Do not add line breaks (<br />), which can also negatively affect nearby text display." for this reason. You probably weren't aware of this, so I thought it would be best to leave you this note. Thanks. -- Begoon 00:02, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Begoon,  Done: thanks for the information! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 07:48, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
You're welcome. Thank you for the reply, and for fixing it so quickly. Cheers. -- Begoon 08:21, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Oscar López Rivera[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Oscar López Rivera. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 22 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Nabil Gabol[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Nabil Gabol. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 23 September 2018 (UTC)

Separation of powers - India section[edit]

Hi SshibumXZ - could you take a look at the recent edits to the India section on Separation of powers? They're not supported by citations and seem 'off' to me, but I don't know a lot about the Indian constitution, so wouldn't like to comment. Thanks! Mr Serjeant Buzfuz (talk) 03:34, 24 September 2018 (UTC)

Mr Serjeant Buzfuz, holy shit, you are right it's way off. Some of the things like the judiciary being subordinate to the legislature are flat-out lies (the judiciary is independent and can overrule parliamentary legislation if they don't conform with the constitution), whilst other claims are way over-blown. I will be working on this in a bit, thank you for bringing this to my attention! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 11:24, 24 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Special Counsel investigation (2017–present)[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Special Counsel investigation (2017–present). Legobot (talk) 04:30, 24 September 2018 (UTC)

Fixing failed ping[edit]

Hi, I saw that you tried to fix your ping here, but it won't work. The notification system triggers a ping only for edits that create a new line, have a new signature along with username mention. There are two recommended ways to fix a failed ping detailed in this guide. The TL;DR is to ping again with an edit that creates a new line along with a signature and revert that edit later. You can also turn on a settings option named "Failed mention" to notify you about failed pings. —Gazoth (talk) 22:05, 24 September 2018 (UTC)

Gazoth, noted. Thank you for informing about this! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 22:38, 24 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Flag of Australia[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Flag of Australia. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 25 September 2018 (UTC)

DYK nomination of Neeru Chadha[edit]

Symbol question.svg Hello! Your submission of Neeru Chadha at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Yoninah (talk) 14:50, 25 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Antisemitism in the UK Labour Party[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Antisemitism in the UK Labour Party. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 26 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Regional power[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Regional power. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 27 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Sugar[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Sugar. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 28 September 2018 (UTC)

A handy template[edit]

Next time you use an edit summary like this one [1] (or a talk post in a similar vein) you might want to append the handy {{fbdb}} template, which is rendered like this ==>[FBDB]. (Hover over it to learn more.) Have you visited The Museums? EEng 17:47, 28 September 2018 (UTC)

EEng, thanks for the suggestion; will use the {{fbdb}} template henceforth. As for The Museums, no one had invited me, which made me feel left out, but, rest assured I will pay a visit with family on Haloween, as, there are only so many times you can some of those faces before it starts to creep you out. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:28, 29 September 2018 (UTC); edited 00:28, 29 September 2018 (UTC).

Please comment on Talk:Jeremy Corbyn[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Jeremy Corbyn. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 29 September 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Adam Milstein[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Adam Milstein. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 30 September 2018 (UTC)

DYK for Neeru Chadha[edit]

Updated DYK query.svgOn 1 October 2018, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Neeru Chadha, which you recently created, substantially expanded, or brought to good article status. The fact was ... that Neeru Chadha is the first Indian woman to be elected as a judge to the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Neeru Chadha. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, Neeru Chadha), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.

Alex Shih (talk) 00:02, 1 October 2018 (UTC)

Alex Shih, thank you! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:15, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
No problem, thank you too. Always exciting to have editors contributing positively to India-related topics. Alex Shih (talk) 09:35, 1 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Monsanto[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Monsanto. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 1 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Christine Blasey Ford[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Christine Blasey Ford. Legobot (talk) 04:29, 2 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Same-sex marriage[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Same-sex marriage. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 3 October 2018 (UTC)

Undelete request by Iamprinceartist on 04 Oct 2018[edit]

YOURPAGEHERE (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs)


Prince (talk) 03:05, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Iamprinceartist, hi! I believe you're talking about Iamprinceartist and the like, unfortunately for you, there's not much that can be done here. Wikipedia's has strict notability guidelines for musicians, vide WP:NMUSICIAN, and, discourages creating like autobiographies, see: WP:AUTO. The best course of action here, in my opinion, would be to create an article through the Articles for creation process, so as to have your draft checked by an experienced Wikipedian before it is published to the mainspace. Good luck, happy editing and have a great life! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 03:19, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:H-1B visa[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:H-1B visa. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Please help me in editing Provincial Police Service (Uttar Pradesh)[edit]

Need your help in editing this page. (talk) 07:54, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Bharat.varsh, hi! I would get to editing Provincial Police Service (Uttar Pradesh) in a bit. Keep in mind, though, that I may be simultaneously editing it and User:SshibumXZ/sandbox/Government of NCT of Delhi v. Union of India, so, this one may take a day or two. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 08:11, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Its been five days since the page is published. Hope you could help in editing the page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bharat.varsh (talkcontribs) 08:31, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Bharat.varsh, oh, sorry! I promise to work on Provincial Police Service (Uttar Pradesh) within the next 24 hours, in the meantime, I would like request that you please add edit summaries to contributions. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 10:28, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Bharat.varsh, I have started editing Provincial Police Service (Uttar Pradesh), however, as the sources may not be extremely abundant, it may take a day or two to completely edit the article to an acceptable level. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 20:06, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
Bharat.varsh, I have edited the article a little, however, I am going to be on an on-again, off-again wikibreak for the next two weeks, so, I won't be able to add reliable sourcing to the article, I would still make copyedits to it, though. Do let me know if this is too much of an issue. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:27, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

No issues. Enjoy your wikibreak and thanks for the editing you did till now. Just wanted to request can you add 'UPP' in the insignia used by PPS officers. Regards, Bharat.varsh (talkcontribs) 05:16, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

Bharat.varsh, sure, I will look into adding 'उप्रपु' (In lieu of 'UPP', which is not totally correct, I think) when I come back from my wikibreak. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 01:16, 14 October 2018 (UTC)

Escola de Comando e Estado-Maior do Exército (Brazil) and Preparatory School of the Brazilian Army (Escola Preparatória de Cadetes do Exército)[edit]

Thank you very much for your help and good tips! Luiz265 (talk) 13:15, 4 October 2018 (UTC)

Luiz265, thank you! Do not be shy in asking for help, if you need any, that is. Happy editing and life! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 12:28, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Ben Shapiro[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Ben Shapiro. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 5 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Stephen Miller (political advisor)[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Stephen Miller (political advisor). Legobot (talk) 04:29, 6 October 2018 (UTC)

Revert explanation request by Politicoindian on 06 Oct 2018[edit]

Public Accounts Committee (India) (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs)

Hi for the above page, I had added images of members from lok sabha's official website and you even sent me a thank you notification for the edit but then when I checked the latest revision I saw that many of my uploaded images were removed. Could you please clarify and is there a more private way to ask this ?

Politicoindian (talk) 21:26, 6 October 2018 (UTC)

Politicoindian, oops I reverted your edits by mistake. I only intended to remove the bit where you added Category:Government agencies of India. I will revert my edit, but, please remove the aforementioned category from the article once I revert my edit. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 12:24, 7 October 2018 (UTC); edited 12:32, 7 October 2018‎ (UTC) and 12:39, 7 October 2018 (UTC).
SshibumXZ Sure will remove that category. Cheers --Politicoindian (talk) 13:11, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
Politicoindian, thanks! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 13:14, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Communist Party of China[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Communist Party of China. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Gloucester National Spiritualist Church[edit]

Hi SshibumXZ, I have noticed you have put a orphan infobox on my Gloucester National Spiritualist Church page but it is already linked to the Brunswick Square page. Are you happy for me to remove it. D Eaketts (talk) 12:21, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

D Eaketts, yeah, sure, you can go ahead and remove the {{orphan}} tag yourself. I added the aforementioned tag because it said so in Special:NewPagesFeed, sorry if it's not one. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 12:31, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
No problem, I will and I expect it took awhile to connect the two pages together. D Eaketts (talk) 12:34, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
D Eaketts, yeah, that does make sense. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 12:39, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

Spamming with time stamps[edit]

May I know why you are spamming this hat note with time stamps ? I am curious to know as to what useful wikipedia purpose does it serve to publicise this fact that you needed to make 3 edits just to add something as simple as a hat ? --DBigXray 18:54, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

As shown in Wikipedia:Hatting Normally hats are not even signed, forget about edit warring to restore 3 timestamps. Fact is, No one is really bothered to know who hatted this, if they really want to know they would check the page history. Please follow the norm and remove it. --DBigXray 19:02, 7 October 2018 (UTC)

DBigXray, eh, well, those time stamps show my competence in the area of hat notes.
Also, I would like to note that I did not take

edit warring to restore 3 timestamps

this comment of yours with the same great love, kindness of the heart and respect you wrote them.
Thank you for pointing me to WP:Hatting, I don't have much experience in the area (as clearly demonstrated at Talk:Regional power and just followed Winged Blades of Godric who signed his hat.
I am off to sleep and won't edit till evening or noon, but, you are more than free to revert my edit by citing this discussion. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 19:49, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
DBigXray, AFAIS, there's no express prohibition against signing on hats though three is definitely over-the-top.
Sshibum, (as DBigXray sez), not many are interested in knowing the editing-timeline of the hatted-content and a simple signature (IMO, one without date-stamp is enough) suffices to let the audience know the bare fact, as to who took the decision to hat the content. WBGconverse 11:42, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
On the contrary people aren't really bothered to know who hatted, which is why the norm (on AfDs, admin noticeboards and talk pages) as mentioned in the template does not "require" you to sign (and add a (or 3) timestamp/s), if you still want to advertise your name on the hat template as the hatter, there is a parameter for that in the hat template in the proper way. I have already said all I had to say, there is nothing more for me to add here. --DBigXray 11:59, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
@Winged Blades of Godric and DBigXray: duly noted. SshibumXZ (talk · contribs) 16:52, 11 October 2018 (UTC); edited 16:55, 11 October 2018 (UTC)~.

Please comment on Talk:Donald Trump[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Donald Trump. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Kim Jong Yang[edit]

Thanks for dropping by. It is strange, I could not find any sources that mentioned any further information about him before he became interim president of Interpol. What could we do? Crotopaxi (talk) 09:51, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Crotopaxi, there is not much to do here, I am afraid. We only go by reliable sources and write what they cover of a person. This one may very well be an eternal stub. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 10:20, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
I assume there will be news about him in Korean, I don't think one can get such a high post internationally before having been important at least in one's own country - just look at all those positions his predecessors had in China. Is there some sort of Korean forum in Wikipedia where we could ask for help? Crotopaxi (talk) 14:42, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Crotopaxi, yeah, that is true. I guess you can ask the folks over at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Korea and see if they can be of any help. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 11:16, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, I tried. Crotopaxi (talk) 14:56, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Crotopaxi, yeah, now one can only wait. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 16:51, 11 October 2018 (UTC)

Saqr bin Khalid Al Qasimi[edit]

Hiya. You tagged this article as needing further citations, but every single fact in it is covered by those citations. I intend removing the tag, just wanted to let you know. I'll lengthen the lede, meantime. Best Alexandermcnabb (talk) 10:05, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Alexandermcnabb, yeah, sure, go ahead. When I reviewed the article some of the claims weren't cited inline, hence, I added the {{refimprove}} tag. Sorry, if it caused any issues. Happy editing and life! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 10:23, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
No issues, fixed now. Best Alexandermcnabb (talk) 10:27, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Alexandermcnabb, sure. Have a nice day! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 10:29, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Devīsūktam_(Chandipatha)[edit]

Devīsūktam_(Chandipatha)[edit]

Thank you for your suggestions. I do not understand why you say that this article does not link to any other articles, while there are several links to other Wikipedia articles.

Prajnaana (talk) 11:51, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

1. I have added the category, Hinduism to the article and removed the 'Uncategorised' template message. 2. I have added relevant information to the bare links and removed the 'Linkrot' template message. 3. The article is linked to many other articles on Wikipedia, hence, I removed the 'Orphan' template message.

I request you to suggest the proper citation and footnoting for this article. There was no single author for the book I have referenced. It was translated by a group of scholars and the book does not hold any copyrights, as it is was published by the King of Mysore for public perusal.

Prajnaana (talk) 12:24, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

I have changed the citation style in accordance with Wikipedia:Citing sources; I have included the name of a chief scholar who translated the text; however, I have retained the citations to individual pages in the book; I have removed the 'Unclear citation style' template message.

I shall be adding adding a link to this article in the disambiguation information of an other article with a similar name. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Prajnaana (talkcontribs) 12:58, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

@Prajnaana: sure, go ahead and remove tags from Devīsūktam (Chandipatha)as you please, I added them because the article had those problems when I reviewed it. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 13:11, 8 October 2018 (UTC); edited 20:10, 9 October 2018 (UTC).
Prajnaana, notwithstanding that, please don't remove tags if the problem they highlight still stands. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 13:44, 8 October 2018 (UTC); edited 20:10, 9 October 2018 (UTC).
I thought the 'Introduction ' section serves the purpose.

Prajnaana (talk) 13:52, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Prajnaana, yeah, but, it is not an essay. There has to be a lede and more than one category (not necessary for all articles, but, Hinduism is a very broad category). Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 13:54, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
SshibumXZ, okay, I've changed the introduction to lead article, and added more categories.Prajnaana (talk) 14:07, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Prajnaana, thanks! Now, you can go ahead and remove the {{lead missing}} and {{catimprove}} tags, if you haven't already, that is. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 14:26, 8 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:D. H. Lawrence[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:D. H. Lawrence. Legobot (talk) 04:32, 9 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Marital rape[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Marital rape. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 10 October 2018 (UTC)

Kim Kessell[edit]

You tagged this as using a single source, I would have preferred that you resolved any concern or explained why that tag was needed. — cygnis insignis 01:11, 11 October 2018 (UTC)

Cygnis insignis, hi! The {{one source}} tag was needed because the article cites only source, albeit a reliable one. Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 16:51, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
I disagree, that is not the intent. Not every single stub needs that tag, the documentation on its proper use is at Template:One_source/doc. I recommend trying to fix what you perceive as shortcomings, put a message on the talk if you are unable, and only use banners as a last resort. You will find this more rewarding, as you may know, and less time consuming for those whose attention is drawn from doing that. Have a bit of a think and consider whether to 1. add the talk page item noted in the banner itself or 2. remove it. Happy editing, — cygnis insignis 17:41, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
Cygnis insignis, I do mostly try to fix extremely minor errors myself, however, this one was on sourcing, and hence, relatively bigger a problem. I do, however, note your concern and would henceforth not add {{single source}} tag on stubs unless they absolutely need it (poor sourcing, big claims et al.). Thank you for the advise! Regards, SshibumXZ (talk · contribs). 00:25, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Far-right politics[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Far-right politics. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 11 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:History of the Communist Party of China[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:History of the Communist Party of China. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 12 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:George Soros[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:George Soros. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

Your GA nomination of Indian Administrative Service[edit]

Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Indian Administrative Service you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. Time2wait.svg This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Carabinieri -- Carabinieri (talk) 05:00, 13 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Center for Immigration Studies[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Center for Immigration Studies. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 14 October 2018 (UTC)

Please comment on Talk:Brett Kavanaugh[edit]

The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Brett Kavanaugh. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 15 October 2018 (UTC)