|This talk page is automatically archived. Any threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
If you're here because you want SuggestBot to send you suggestions, please see the instructions at the top of User:SuggestBot. We offer both subscription services and the possibility of receiving a single set of suggestions.
Feedback on recommendations, ideas for new features, questions about how SuggestBot works, or anything else related to SuggestBot are all examples of topics welcome below. A bot moves older feedback to the archives regularly, there is also an archive in User:SuggestBot/FeedbackArchive. Thanks for stopping by to let us you what you think! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 11:07, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Replace is broken?
These comments are in reference to my talk page history: on April 8, SuggestBot gave me a new set of suggestions, replacing the old ones as usual. However, beginning April 22 its new suggestions have not been replacing the existing ones. Any thoughts on this?
- Hi JBL, sorry to hear this isn't working, and thank you for notifying me about it! We recently switched to a new version of Python and made some (minor, I thought) code changes in the process, and with it came apparently a few bugs. I'll take the part that handles SuggestBot's subscribers offline for now and get on with fixing it. Having the suggestions replaced should be working again when you get the next set of suggestions. Thanks again for getting in touch with me, and for using SuggestBot, happy to hear you find it useful! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 14:44, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi again JBL. I've figured out why SuggestBot wasn't working the way it should (it didn't pick up the "replace" parameter, only "replace=yes"), and have patched our code so it works correctly. Your next set of suggestions should therefore be replaced as usual. Thanks again for getting in touch about it so I could fix it! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 04:07, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi GermanGamer77, SuggestBot asked me to stop by and say "Hello" back! Let me know if you have any questions about SuggestBot, I'll be happy to help you out. Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 18:31, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello! This article is no longer - by far - a stub, and I reclassified it. However, for SuggestBot, it is still a stub. Maybe SuggestBot is "fixed" into the past? Sincerely, Live and let die (talk) 08:32, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Live and let die, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! I am sorry that I have not responded more quickly to this. You are right that SuggestBot should not have claimed this article is still a stub. We update its database once a week, and this particular article was labelled to be deleted, but somehow that did not happen. I am currently rebuilding the database to see if that solves the problem, and will follow up on it to make sure this bug can get fixed if it happens again. Thanks again for letting me know about this! Regards, Nettrom (talk) 19:59, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
SuggestBot posted on my user page
Greetings. I noticed that SuggestBot posted on my user page instead of my talk page. The section it made cannot be removed at the moment. Can anything be done about this? Thank you! Arius1998 (talk) 02:06, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Arius1998, sorry about that and thanks for getting in touch about it! We had a bug in our code that made SuggestBot not correctly handle the specific case where its userbox is put on a subpage. The result was, as you unfortunately have experienced, that the suggestions got posted to the subpage where the userbox was on instead of the user's talk page. A user on the Swedish Wikipedia notified me about this and I fixed it in early May, and I have not seen it happen again. Sorry again about this happening, and thanks again for contacting me about it! Cheers, Nettrom (talk) 15:22, 9 June 2017 (UTC)