|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|This is TVFAN24's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to TVFAN24.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|Unblock restrictions in place - Effective Jan 15, 2012
Advice to TVFan24
You really need to take it easy TVFAN24. It's not healthy for you to torment yourself over Wikipedia. It's just a hobby, nothing more. And no one ever said that you were blocked/banned from Wikipedia "forever".
Please refrain from creating sockpuppets accounts again; it is counterproductive and is only creating more roadblocks to your goal of being readmitted to the community. Instead, follow the advice from Fluffernutter which is to forget Wikipedia for a while and enjoy life. In February or March 2013, if you're still interested in coming back, follow the instructions to the links that Fluffernutter has provided to you. Take care. Farine (talk) 06:59, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Notice On Indef Block
I agree with the terms of this block, unfortunately TVFAN is unable to control herself and edit harmoniously. She was already on an agreement that got her last block lifted, she was well aware that if she violated that agreement, especially socked, she would be indefinitely blocked. Per that agreement she cannot submit to be unblocked for 6 months. She has pleaded with me via email to lift this block, I will not, she clearly violated the terms of her unblock.
Unfortunately I doubt this will be the end of the matter and she may continue to sock. I hope if she is reading this page she will take a Wikibreak instead of doing so. --WGFinley (talk) 05:40, 15 September 2012 (UTC)
I am not sure why you chose to e-mail me - have we interacted before? I have not been following your edits at all but to judge by the contents of this page, the best advice I can offer is the same as the above: go away and get a life in the ral world for at least six months. — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 21:24, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
- I also received an entreaty a couple days ago. It looks like this user may be mass-mailing all admins. Sad. :( Best of luck in the future, TVFAN24, but based on the history above and actions like this, I'm not sure I'd put money on your successful rehab. I hope I turn out to be mistaken. - CHAIRBOY (☎) 02:51, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- I also have received several emails showing impatience in the user still, and have declined her appeal. -- DQ on the road (ʞlɐʇ) 18:54, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
You have contacted me by email to lift your block. It has been 6 months since your indefinite block has taken place. You have given me assurances that you have been making efforts to understand the reasons why you were blocked before. I have lifted your talk page block so that we can have the discussion here on wiki where it belongs.
Since you have already been through WP:OFFER once I think it's important for you to operate under stricter restrictions so that we can be assured you have truly changed your activity before you begin editing again. So, here are my conditions for unblocking:
- You will edit Wikipedia only with this account. No additional accounts. No anonymous (IP) editing.
- You will hold yourself to WP:1RR on all articles.
- You will accept consensus, and propose new ideas for consensus on the article talk page.
- The first restriction is permanent. The second can be reviewed in 6 months.
- You will be topic banned from articles related to television, radio, and other media topics, shows and programs broadly construed for one month after your ban is lifted.
- This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate self-control.
- If you violate your topic ban it will be increased to 3 months.
- If you violate it a third time your indefinite block will be reinstated.
- This agreement must remain on the top of your talk page for a minimum of one year, I will place it there.
- Any violations of the above will lead to re-indef-blocking, with no chance of unblocking for a minimum of one year. Off-wiki requests for unblocking before the year is up will be ignored.
I want you to:
- Carefully consider these terms (I invite others to comment on them).
- In the spirit of WP:OFFER I want you to make assurances that you understand the error of your ways, you won't do so again and
- If you do violate them you will be indefinitely blocked and cannot be unblocked for a minimum of a year, period. Email appeals will not be responded to before the year is up.
I have read the above conditions and one-hundred percent agree with everything. I have had nearly six months off of Wikipedia and feel I have truly changed for the better. This time allowed me to do other things in life and the chance to seek counseling for some of my control issues. I plan on only being on Wikipedia periodically. I don't plan on engaging in that type of behavior again or upsetting the community. Thanks. TVFAN24 (talk) 21:28, 9 March 2013
Now, I am extremely upset, since my block in September, I have not edited at all. There must be someone editing with my same IP. I have taken all the necessary steps to let go of my previous behavior. I really do not appreciate being accused of something I know I did not do. TVFAN24 (talk) 06:51, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- This is an unblock request, neither you, nor anyone else, should be removing items from the discussion. You were blocked for socking TVFAN so it is completely appropriate to ask if you have been editing anonymously. Have you been editing anonymously or not? It would be better if you were honest about it rather than going through the trouble of a WP:CheckUser request. --WGFinley (talk) 23:24, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
If there is no response TVFAN I will have to assume that you are conceding that you have been editing as an IP. I would prefer you come and say you have and we can discuss it further. Otherwise I'll have to assume it's accurate and leave the block in place. --WGFinley (talk) 02:33, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- Which means you willfully violated the terms of the standard offer, which I would now consider to be off the table, or at the very east reset to begin today. Evading your block iand then lying and acting all upset when you knew perfectly well what you did is not indicative of a sincere desire to be a productive contributor to Wikipedia. Either that are you are genuinely unable to understand what a block is and the very simple terms of the offer. It doesn't really matter which it is at this point, you blew it. Beeblebrox (talk) 22:33, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- How much anonymous editing have you done? What articles have you been editing anonymously on? --WGFinley (talk) 22:10, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'll confirm that's accurate at least on the IP being used since November - lots of soap opera related edits, nothing else. --jpgordon::==( o ) 06:00, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
This looks kind of "fishy" to me: