- 1 Belbruno
- 2 A kitten for you!
- 3 Undid your revision
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for August 21
- 5 Welcome to STiki!
- 6 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 7 A barnstar for you!
- 8 Hooray! You created your Teahouse profile!
- 9 You Reviewed My Page
- 10 Pending changes reviewer granted
- 11 Congratulations
- 12 List of Plants by Common Name
- 13 Speedy deletion nomination of The Secret Life of Saeed: The Pessoptimist
- 14 prose vs lists
- 15 Your experience with Wikipedia so far
- 16 ArbCom elections are now open!
Hello, wanted to touch base on the Edward Belbruno article. The boxing section is somewhat overblown, and dominates an article about a person whose notability turns on his academic pursuits. It wants to be two sentences, not ten overblown paragraphs. What rationale would satisfy you for such an edit? "Removed purple prose"? "removed nonencylopedic content"? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vonfraginoff (talk • contribs) 09:46, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Undid your revision
I readied my revision on the marital rape in. Pakistani law that you undid. The previous article was nonsensical, relied on reports in non law journals, including a physiology one. I have added the relevant statutes, opinions of judges, jurists and experienced stakeholders, you know people who actually to know about the topic at hand. To could bothered to actually read the links provided instead of exercising the nuclear option. Attitudes such as the ones you display are the reason that learned and new people don't join Wikipedia. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 07:36, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
- Welcome to Wikipedia! You have introduced the article with copyrighted information and misspellings. Please see WP:COPYVIO for resources on plagerism. You say you added information from professionals, but you just copied your information from a website. Please do not continue to add copyrighted information as it against the rules. Here are some pages you might like to see to get started on editing:
- I hope you enjoy your stay. TranquilHope (talk) 07:48, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Ai Kayano, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page The Call. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Welcome to STiki!
Hello, TranquilHope, and welcome to STiki! Thank you for your recent contributions using our tool. We at STiki hope you like using the tool and decide to continue using it in the future. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
Here are some pages which are a little more fun:
We hope you enjoy maintaining Wikipedia with STiki! If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions don't hesitate to drop a note over at the STiki talk page and we'll be more than happy to help. Again, welcome, and thanks! West.andrew.g (developer) and Ugog Nizdast (talk) 14:31, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping.
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Keep Up Your Good Work Tranquill Hope Awesome2k (talk) 01:22, 23 August 2014 (UTC)|
Hooray! You created your Teahouse profile!
|Welcome to the Teahouse Badge|
|Awarded to editors who have introduced themselves at the Wikipedia Teahouse.
Guest editors with this badge show initiative and a great drive to learn how to edit Wikipedia.
You Reviewed My Page
- @DangerousJXD: When a new page is created, there will be a button that says "Mark this page as patrolled" on the bottom right. This is to check if the page has any obvious problems. The page is put up for speedy deletion if it meets the Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion. I pushed the "Mark this page as patrolled" button on your user page as it didn't have any problems. You can find the new pages at Special:NewPages and more information at Wikipedia:New pages patrol. TranquilHope (talk) 18:25, 31 August 2014 (UTC)
Pending changes reviewer granted
Hello. Your account has been granted the "pending changes reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on pages protected by pending changes. The list of articles awaiting review is located at Special:PendingChanges, while the list of articles that have pending changes protection turned on is located at Special:StablePages.
Being granted reviewer rights neither grants you status nor changes how you can edit articles. If you do not want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time.
- Wikipedia:Reviewing, the guideline on reviewing
- Wikipedia:Pending changes, the summary of the use of pending changes
- Wikipedia:Protection policy#Pending changes protection, the policy determining which pages can be given pending changes protection by administrators. — MusikAnimal talk 17:21, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
The Anti-Vandalism + STiki Barnstar
Congratulations, TranquilHope! You're receiving this barnstar because you recently crossed the 1,000 classification threshold using STiki. We thank you both for your contributions to Wikipedia at-large and your use of the tool. We hope you continue your ascent up the leaderboard and stay in touch at the talk page. Thank you and keep up the good work! West.andrew.g (developer) and Widr (talk) 18:22, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
List of Plants by Common Name
Hello, TranquilHope. Thank you for trying to be helpful. I can see why someone who is not a botanist might think the change I made is vandalism or, at best, a poor joke. The rape plant produces seeds which yield valuable oil. The seeds are called rapeseed and the oil is called rapeseed oil. The industry is known as the rapeseed industry or the rapeseed oil industry. Unfortunately, the plant itself is just called rape. Thank you for your efforts, though, and keep up the vigilance!
- Yes, I do not have any experience with plants, but that is what the article is called. According to the article, an alternate name is rape. Rapeseed is a more recognizable name and I think it would be better to put that. Another editor has reverted your change and if you believe calling it rape would be better, I recommend you bring it up on the talk page. TranquilHope (talk) 04:54, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of The Secret Life of Saeed: The Pessoptimist
I wanted to let you know that I just tagged The Secret Life of Saeed: The Pessoptimist for deletion, because it seems to be inappropriate for a variety of reasons.
If you feel that the article shouldn't be deleted and want more time to work on it, you can, but please don't remove the speedy deletion tag from the top.
prose vs lists
Hi, regarding Psycho-Pass article, I was wondering if there are guidelines as to when prose should be used? Personally, I absolutely loathe when an article does not have a list of cast/characters/roles/etc. I find prose makes it very difficult to quickly find information. Even if there was just a stripped down list, with character name and voice actor, I think it would be better.you made to the
As an aside, about that article, I think that there may have been information in the text that you removed that was not in the character articles. For example Akane's Japanese voice actor's insight into the character. Thanks, —Msmarmalade (talk) 14:20, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
- WP:EMBED has information on prose vs lists. MOS:ANIME says that prose should be used instead of character lists if possible. Being a series with a lot of characters, we have a separate list for the list of characters. The information is perfectly accessible in prose and all of the anime featured articles do not have a list of characters. It just doesn't look as good with a small list of characters. As for her insight, that information should probably be moved to the main list of characters article. TranquilHope (talk)
Your experience with Wikipedia so far
Welcome to Wikipedia! I am conducting a quick survey about newcomer support and I would like to hear about your experience so far. Your response will go a long way to help us build a better experience for newcomers like yourself. The survey will take you around 10 minutes to complete.
To learn more about the study, visit this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Co-op
To take the survey, visit this link: https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2bnPZz0HelBaY85
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:07, 24 November 2015 (UTC)