|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Producer||European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (Greece)|
|Languages||English, French, German, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish|
|Disciplines||Vocational education, vocational training, skills|
|Record depth||Index, abstract|
|Format coverage||EU legislation, research reports, policy documents, statistics, best practices, case studies, conference proceedings, journal articles, glossaries and comparative studies at EU, international and national levels, dissertations, websites etc.|
|Geospatial coverage||Worldwide, with emphasis on European Union and its member states|
|Number of records||> 80.000|
VET-Bib is a bibliographic database covering European vocational education and training (VET) literature maintained by the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (Cedefop).
VET-Bib contains over 80.000 references on the topics related to Cedefop's priorities:
- vocational education and training (VET) policy and systems
- qualifications, competences and skills
- vocational guidance and career counselling
- skill needs and shortages
- adult education, continuous and lifelong learning
- informal learning and nonformal learning
- training research
- VET teachers and trainers
- assessment and recognition of learning outcomes and diplomas
- European tools such as the European Qualifications Framework, Europass, and the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training
- labour mobility and migrant workers
Approximately two thirds of the complete VET-Bib collection is available in full text. VET-Bib is multilingual and all European Union languages are represented in the database.
The development of VET-Bib is shared between the following institutions:
- Cedefop's library and documentation service: responsible for European and international references, also provides guidelines for collection development, and the indexing tool European Training Thesaurus
- ReferNet, Cedefop's decentralised network consisting of 27 partners in all EU member states plus Norway and Iceland: each national ReferNet partner provides national references to VET-Bib
- VET-Alert: a monthly review on what has just been published on vocational education and training
- VET bibliographies: These are thematic pre-defined bibliographies on key topics of vocational education and training: skill needs, E-learning, Validation of non-formal and informal learning, green skills, lifelong guidance, lifelong learning, etc.
- Education Resources Information Center
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Academic databases and search engines
- European Commission (1975). Regulation (EEC) No 337/75 of the Council of 10 February 1975 establishing a European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training. Publications Office.
- Article 2.2 of Regulation (EEC) No 337/75 : The main tasks of the centre [Cedefop] shall be: to compile selected documentation relating in particular to the present situation, the latest developments and research in the relevant fields, and to matters of vocational training structure