|Also known as||V Factory|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Urban|
|Years active||2006 - present|
|Labels||Warner Bros. Records|
|Past members||Asher Monroe|
V Factory is an American pop/R&B/urban boy band produced by late former pop artist Tommy Page. The members have yet to confirm what the "V" stands for. Wesley Quinn, in an interview with Popstar! Magazine, stated that "the V is a hidden meaning between the five of us." He also states that the meaning will come out like the FedEx box in the movie, Cast Away, which stars Tom Hanks.
On April 29, 2008, (in the US only) These Are The Days EP was released on iTunes, including "Round and Round", "She Bad" (featuring E-40), and the namesake, "These Are the Days," also available for purchase at any of their shows. On January 12, 2009, it was released in the UK and other countries.
Rise to fame
V Factory's first single, "Love Struck", was released to iTunes on February 3, 2009. It played recurringly on Radio Disney, premiering on Music Mailbag. Its peak on mainstream radio was #37 and #70 on the Pop 100. The song is produced by Swedish production team, twin, and is written by David Jassy and Darin. "Love Struck" was released on iTunes in the UK and other countries on 9 September .
- Current members
- Jared Murillo (born August 6, 1988) from Honolulu, Hawaii. He is most known for being Ashley Tisdale's ex-boyfriend. Jared is known for his appearances as a featured dancer in High School Musical, its nationwide tour, and High School Musical 2, for which he also earned an Assistant Choreographer credit by creating the dance number for "I Don't Dance". He was also the dance partner of Lacey Schwimmer. He was one of the professional dancers in the UK's Strictly Come Dancing (2010).
- Nick "Nicky T" Teti (born July 22, 1983) from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He got his start doing musical theater in high school. Then taught himself to dance in college. He was a member of the dance crew Quest Crew.
- Nathaniel Flatt (born September 18, 1981) from Cookeville, Tennessee. He launched his acting career in local plays and eventually found his way into musical theater, including a stage production of Disney's Aladdin at Disney California Adventure.
- Past members
- Asher Monroe was the lead singer, but in October 2010 he wrote on his official Twitter: "I love you sooo much vfactory fans! U have been amazing but I'm no longer with the group! It's been a ride and yes we are all still friends!".
- Wesley Quinn (born January 16, 1990) from Greenville, South Carolina. He began performing at age 6 after attending his younger sister’s dance recital. He was a backupdancer for Ashley Tisdale with fellow V factory member, Jared Murillo. Wesley has performed numerous times as a background dancer in the FOX show Glee.
- 2008: These Are the Days
- Track listing
- "Round & Round"
- "She Bad" (featuring E-40)
- "These Are the Days"
|U.S. Dance||U.S. Pop||CAN||SWE|
- "Get Up (2nd Single)"
- "Lights Camera Action"
- "Dem Hot Gurlz"
- "In It for the Love"
- "Doin' It Too"
- "Beautiful Girl"
- "Pump It"
Awards and nominations
- In 2009, V Factory was nominated for StarShine Magazine Music Awards for "Favorite Band/Group". Their debut single "Love Struck" was nominated for "Best Dance Song" in the same awards.
- "Archived copy". vfactoryfans.com. Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "Bandemonium Tour 2008". Archived from the original on 2008-05-12. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "The V-Factory Story Bio". VFactoryOnline.net. Archived from the original on 2008-06-24. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
- Billboard chart positions
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-30. Retrieved 2009-03-30.