|Directed by||T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
|Produced by||B. Rakesh|
T. K. Rajeev Kumar
T. K. Rajeev Kumar
|Edited by||Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||Khathilakam Release|
|March 15, 2001|
Vakkalathu Narayanankutty is a 2001 Malayalam film co-written and directed by T. K. Rajeev Kumar with Jayaram, Manya, Mukesh and Jagathy Sreekumar in the lead. It was actor Bobby Kottarakkara's last film. It was during the shooting of this film that Bobby Kottarakkara died, leaving the team to continue the shooting without him. The film had an average performance at the box office.
The film presents the story of Narayanankutty, popularly known as Vakkaalaththu Narayanankutty, an active social worker who can bear anything but breach of justice. When he sees law being broken anywhere, he reacts promptly. He doesn’t even care as to who is pitted against him and just goes on fighting. This leads to all sorts of problems in his life and the film follows that.
- Jayaram as Vakkalathu Narayanankutty
- Manya as Kukku Kurian
- Mukesh as Adv.Mathew Chandy Neruparambil
- K.B. Ganesh Kumar as Raghu
- Jagathy Sreekumar Adv.Eeswara Subrahmanya Iyer
- Bobby Kottarakkara as Captain Bobby
- P. Balachandran as Padmanabhan
- Rajan P. Dev as Kurian
- Shalu Menon as Niveditha
- Kalabhavan Mani as S.I Chandran
- Kalliyoor Sasi as Prof.Narayanan Potty
- Ponnamma Babu as Kukku's Mother
- P. Sreekumar as Sasidhara Kurup
- Adv. Jayaprakash Kottarakara as Cameo Appearnce
- Viji Thampi as Cameo Appearnce
- Unni R. Nair (5 January 2001). "Vakkalathu Narayanankutty: A fight against injustice". Screen India. Archived from the original on 17 June 2009. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Unni R. Nair (4 January 2002). "Let down". Screen India. Archived from the original on 29 December 2007. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "2001 - Another disastrous year for filmdom". Kala Keralam. 2001. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|