Vani Rani (TV series)
|Genre||Soap opera |
|Written by||Dialogues by |
|Theme music composer||C. Sathya|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Tamil (Original Version) |
Telugu (Dubbed Version)
Malayalam (Dubbed Version)
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1,743|
|Executive producer(s)||Suku Kuchappan|
|Running time||approx. 20–21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Radaan Mediaworks|
|Original network||Sun TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||21 January 2013 –|
8 December 2018
Vani Rani is a 2013 - 2018 Indian Tamil soap opera that aired on Sun TV from 21 January 2013 to 8 December 2018 for 1,743 episodes. The show starred Raadhika Sarathkumar, Venu Arvind, Babloo Prithiveeraj, Ravikumar and Mamilla Shailaja Priya.
- 1 Plot summary
- 2 Cast and characters
- 3 Music
- 4 Awards and nominations
- 5 Remake
- 6 International broadcast
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Twin sisters Vani and Rani (Raadhika), after the loss of their parents are brought up by their paternal uncle, Manikkam (Ravikumar). Vani aspires to become a lawyer, therefore Rani sacrifices her education so that Manikkam will make Vani a lawyer. Over the years, Vani passes out as a successful Lawyer and gets married to Bhoominathan (Venu Arvind), a granite businessman, while Rani gets married to Bhoominathan's stepbrother, Swaminathan (Babloo Prithiveeraj), a popular restaurant owner. Meanwhile, Manikkam's son, Manohar (Sivaji Manohar) falls in love with Bhoominathan's sister, Jyothi (Premi Venkat) and elopes with her, where Rani is forced to marry, which causes several problems, and results in Vaani and Rani earning the wrath of both their uncle and their mother-in-law, Angayarkanni (Shanthi Williams), while Vani refuses to speak with Rani thereafter.
Over the years, Vani and Bhoominathan turn out to be very successful, while Rani and Swaminathan are not too successful since all of Swaminathan's business turn out to be failures. However, they all live together in the same house. Vani has two sons, Surya Narayanan (Arun Kumar Rajan), an unemployed and childlike lawyer and Gautham (Vignesh Kumar), the college guy,while Rani has three children, Saravanan (Maanas Chavali), Selvi (Niranjani Asok) and Thenmozhi (Neha). Problems continue to erupt in the house due to Bhoominathan's ego against his stepbrother, while the entrance of Angayarkanni, who is jealous of Vani and Rani's close relationship despite Vani's refusal to ever directly address Rani, further worsens the problems, by conspiring against them and trying to separate them. Meanwhile, Selvi falls in love and under dire circumstances,marries Rajesh (Guhan Shanmugam) with only Vani as a chance witness, causing a rift in the family, and their eventual separation, resulting in Vani and Rani to get separated. However, Bhoominathan later realises his faults, turns over a new leaf and sends his mother away and tries to get the family together.
They get together but live in separate houses. However, problems continue to haunt them in the form of a vengeful Angayarkanni and Jyothi and Kadhir, a local don who has his vengeance against Saravanan. Gautham threatens Kadhir to leave his family alone. After many incidentes and obstacles Gautham marries Pooja to rescue Saravanan from Kadhir. Kadhir turns into a good man after Pooja's marriage. While Jyothi's daughter Poongodi (Mahalakshmi) is involved in a love triangle between Karthi (Rajkumar), and Saravanan. Selvi also faces numerous problems through her father in law, Kaali (Baboos), Alamelu and Shenbagam (Sumangali and Shreedevi), Shiva (Jai Ram) and Geetha, and later on through Kaali's daughter, Malathy (Minnal Deepa). Surya gets married to Dimple. She hates Vani and does everything against her mother-in-law. Surya and also Dimple wanted to divorce each other several times, but at the end, Vani was able to bring back them together. Gautham becomes a police man and investigates a murder that took place in a quarry which was owned by a doctor known as GP (Tarun Master). GP is also a big business magnate who controls the Indian medicine mafia activity and his son Arya (Fawaz Zayani) was a big criminal dealing in international illegal organ mafia activities. Then due to rage of Gautham killing Arya, GP vows to destroy Vaani's family and that will lead Pooja's uncle Kathir to revenge GP by mysteriously killing GP's henchmen and trying to destroy his businesses and his criminal network. GP tried killing Kathir but finally got arrested by Gautham. Saravanan gets married with Pavithra (Shruthi Shanmuga Priya).
Episode 1200 - 1743
Rivalry started between Vani and Akilandeswari (Mamilla Shailaja Priya) because of Surya's relationship with her daughter Janani (Priya) during college days. They had a daughter named Riya. Janani was murdered by Sudhakar, Akilandeswari's brother but he made Vani as the victim. So, Akilandeswari wanted to take revenge against Vani and Rani family. Meanwhile in Australia, Swaminathan had a relationship with kokila who actually died. Her jealous aunt Krishnaveni (Nalini) wanted to amuse his wealth which was given by kokila's dad, with the help of Jessy who looks like kokila. Rani saved the wealth. After a sequence of events, Thenu fell down from a hill top and lost her memories. She rescued by Chandrika (Madhuvanti Arun) and her brother. Chandrika treats her like own daughter Bhavani who died by jumping from the hill and she never wanted to give back Thenu to Rani. Akilandeswari helped her and started blackmailing Rani and forced her smuggle drugs but finally with the help of Rani and Vani, Thenu regained her memory. Then Akilandeswari and Sudhakar started a new plan with the help of Neela and Sanjay. Neela blackmails Saravanan and Surya in one way to take money from them and Sanjay takes Bhomminathan's company with the help of Sudhakar and creates a confusion between Swaminathan and Bhoominathan. Meanwhile Angayarkanni was murdered by Sanjay and made Swaminathan as the victim. Bhoominathan and Jyothi believed that Swami is the person who murdered their mother and a fight occurs between Bhoominathan and Swaminathan. After some turns of events, Sanjay plans to murder Swaminathan and Rani. At that time the evidence that Sanjay was the murder of Angayarkanni which was kept in a doll is taken away by Riya and finally the evidence reaches Swaminathan and Rani. Both of them blackmail Sanjay by telling him that they have given poison and Swaminathan brings back Bhoominathan's company to him and it is proved that Sanjay is the actual murderer. Hence, Bhoominathan and Swaminathan reunite with each other. But Akhilandeshwari tries to kill Vaani by an lorry accident. Raani comes to know about this plan and she goes in disguise of Vaani. Lorry hits Rani and she is admitted in hospital. At the climax Akiladeshwari came to know about Sudhakar being the murderer of Janani with the help of Gautham. Here ,after hearing the situation of Raani, Vani faints. After some emotional affection between the sisters,their health gets improved. Akilandeshwari gets arrested by Gautham before that she apologizes for her every mistakes to both Vani and Rani. Then the family lived happily thereafter.
Cast and characters
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: WikiProject Television prefers that cast lists be presented with bulleted lists, not in tabular format. Please convert the table to bulleted list. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Raadhika as Vani Bhoominathan (Bhoominathan's wife) and Rani Swaminathan (Swaminathan's wife) (dual role)
- Venu Arvind as Bhoominathan @ Bhoomi (Vani's husband)
- Babloo Prithiveeraj as Swaminathan @ Swami (Rani's husband)
- Arun Kumar Rajan as Surya Narayanan Bhoominathan @ Surya (Vani and Bhoominathan elder's son, Dimple's husband)
- Vicky Krish as Gautham Krishnan Bhoominathan @ Gautham (Vani and Bhoominathan younger's son, Pooja's husband)
- Maanas Chavali as Saravanan Swaminathan (Rani and Swaminathan elder's son, Pavithra's husband)
- Guhan Shanmugam as Rajesh Kaaliappan (Selvi's husband)
- Rajkumar as Karthik(Poongodi husband)
- Neelima Rani as Dimple Surya Narayanan (Surya's wife)
- Navya Swamy as Pooja Gautham Krishnan (Gautham's wife)
- Shruthi Shanmuga Priya as Pavithra Saravanan (Saravanan's wife)
- Niranjani Ashok as Selvi Rajesh (Rani and Swaminathan elder's daughter, Rajesh's wife)
- Neha as Thenmozhi Swaminathan @ Thenu (Rani and Swaminathan younger's daughter)
- Mahalakshmi as Poongodi(Karthik s wife)
- Mamilla Shailaja Priya as Akhilandeshwari (Main Antagonist, Janani and Sandhya Mother)
- Ravikumar as Manikkam (Vani and Rani step father, Mekala and Manohar father)
- Sivaji Manohar as Manohar Manikkam (Jyothi's husband, Manikkam son, Poongodi father)
- Premi Venkat as Jyothi Manohar (Manohar's wife, Bhoominathan younger's sister, Poongodi mother)
- Rajendran as Ponnambalam (Dimple's father)
- Sri Lekha Rajendran as Alamelu Ponnambalam (Dimple's mother)
- "Saathappan" Nandakumar as Mayilvaganam (Dimple's uncle)
- Joker Thulasi as Point (Vani's assistant)
- Ramachandran as Sadasivam (Pavithra's father)
- Dharini as Mythili Sadasivam (Pavithra's mother)
- Murali Krishnan as Aarumugam (Rajesh step brother-in-law, Malathi husband)
- Shanthi Williams as Angayarkanni (died in serial, Bhoominathan and Jyothi mother)
- Sujith as Saravanan Swaminathan (Replaced by Maanas Chavali)
- Nikhila Rao as Selvi Rajesh (Replaced by Niranjani Ashok)
- Gayathri Shastry as Jyothi Manohar (Replaced by Jyothi Reddy)
- Jyothi Reddy as Jyothi Manohar (Replaced by Roopa Sree)
- Roopa Sree as Jyothi Manohar (Replaced by Premi Venkat)
- Baboos as Kaaliappan (died in serial, Rajesh and Malathi father)
- Sangeetha Balan as Sundari Kaaliappan (Rajesh's mother and Malathi step mother)
- Jyothi as Malathi Aarumugam (Replaced by "Minnal" Deepa)
- "Minnal" Deepa as Malathi Aarumugam (Arumugam's wife, Kaaliappan's daughter and Sundari step daughter)
- Andrew Jesudoss as Kadhir (Pooja's uncle)
- Sasikala Shree as Pushpa Kadhir (died in serial, Pooja's aunt)
- Sudha as Sudha Karuppuswamy (died in serial, Pooja's mother)
- Mohan as Karuppuswamy (died in serial, Pooja's father, Antagonist)
- Kovai Desingu as Aasaan (Pooja's uncle)
- Aravish Glitzy as Mani (Aasaan's son)
- Raj Mithran as Balasubramaniam (Karthikeyan's father)
- Veena Venkatesh as Mekala Balasubramaniam ( Karthikeyan's mother, Manikkam daughter)
- Nagalakshmi as Parvatham (Balasubramaniam's sister)
- Geetha Anjali as Azhagumayil (Parvatham's daughter, Karthikeyan second wife)
- Kavithalaya Krishnan as Krishnan (died in serial, Teju and Mithran father, Antagonist)
- Nathan Shyam as Mithran (Teju's brother)
- Shamily Sukumar as Tejuswini @Teju (Mithran's sister)
- Radha as Vijayalakshmi Krishnan (Mithran and Teju mother)
- Sathya Sai as Sivagami
- Suhasini as Nandini Dheenadayalan (Antagonist)
- Prakash Rajan as Dheenadayalan (Antagonist)
- Nalini as Krishnaveni (Antagonist)
- Mamathi Chari as Kokila Swaminathan (died in serial) / Jessie (Antagonist) (dual role)
- Anusha Rai as Tulasi (died in serial, Mani girlfriend)
- Usha Elizabeth as Tulasi's mother
- Sivakumar as Mahalingam
- Sumangali as Alamelu Thangarasu (Kaaliappan's sister, Antagonist)
- Mohan as Thangarasu (Shenbagam's father)
- Sreedevi as Shenbagam (died in serial, Alamelu's daughter,Antagonist)
- Kannayiram as Muthu
- Jai Ram as Shiva
- Vasu Vikram as Moorthy (died in serial, Devika's father,Bhoominathan's ex-partner)
- Sri Vidhya Shankar as Devika's mother
- Reshma Pasupuleti as Devika (Antagonist)
- Krishna Kishore as Krishna
- Nithya Ravindran as Savithri (Valli's mother)
- Azhagu as Savithri's husband / house owner (Valli's father)
- Nivetha as Valli (Savithri's daughter, Velu cousin)
- Vimal Raj as Kaththi Sekar
- Sathyajit as Kailash
- Bharath as Velu (Naagaraj and Muthupechi son, Antagonist)
- Veluchamy as Naagaraj (died in serial, Velu's father, Antagonist)
- Deepa Shankar as Muthupechi Naagaraj (Velu's mother, house owner sister)
- Mohan Sharma as Viswanathan (died in serial, Agalya father)
- Krithika Laddu as Agalya (died in serial, Saravanan's late girlfriend)
- Nivedhitha Pankaj as Anjali (died in serial, Agalya sister)
- Abhishek as Mugundhan
- Nakshathra Nagesh as Rudhra
- Meena Kumari as Rudhra's mother
- Muthuraman as AC Anbuchelvan
- Madhuvanti Arun as Chandrika
- Sai Swetha as Bhavani (Chandrika's real daughter, died in serial)
- Bhanu Sri as Sandhya (Akhilandeshwari younger's daughter, Antagonist)
- Priya as Janani (died in serial, Akhilandeshwari elder's daughter)
- Vasavi as Asha
- B. H. Tharun Kumar as GP (died in serial, Antagonist)
- Fawaz Zayani as Arya (died in serial, Antagonist)
- C. Ranganathan as Haneef (Bhoominathan's friend, Antagonist)
|1.||"Oru Paravai |
(ஒரு பறவை) Title Song"
|Pa. Vijay||C. Sathya||Sakthisree Gopalan |
|2.||"Collegekku Collegekku Bus Day da |
(காலேஜ்க்கு காலேஜ்க்கு பஸ் டேடா)"
|3.||"Enna Thavam Seiyenamma |
(என்ன தவம் செய்யேனம்மா)"
|4.||"Uyirukkul Oru Osai |
(உயிருக்குள் ஒரு ஓசை)"
|5.||"Pesidum Pesidum Kangale Neethano |
(பேசிடும் பேசிடும் கண்களே நீதானோ )"
Awards and nominations
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2014||Sun Kudumbam Awards 2014
||Best Actress||Raadhika||Vani and Rani||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Babloo Prithiveeraj||Swaminathan||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Mahalakshmi||Poongkodi||Nominated|
|Best Brother||Vicky Krish||Gowtham||Nominated|
|Best Mother||Sangeetha Balan||Sundari||Nominated|
|2014 and 2018||Best Serial||Vani Rani||Nominated|
|Best Male Villain||Andrew Jesudoss||Kadir||Nominated|
- The Hindi produced their own version of this series, which aired on &TV from 7 August 2017 on Monday to Friday at 7:00PM (IST), as Vaani Rani. The remake starred Tanvi Azmi as Vani and Rani, Sanjay Gandhi as Vani's husband, Prakash Agnihotri, and Iqbal Syed as Rani's husband, Ajay Kumar Agnihotri.
- A Bengali language remake was broadcast on Zee Bangla from 23 October 2017 on Monday to Saturday at 8:30PM (IST) as Seemarekha, produced by Surinder Films. One of the top leading ladies in the Bengali serial, Indrani Haldar, was tapped to portray Raadhika's character, Seema and Rekha (Vani and Rani). This storyline some different like an original serial.
- The show's episodes were released on YouTube channel Radaan Media after original telecast.
- It airs in Sri Lanka, South East Asia, Middle East, United States, Canada, Europe, Oceania, South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa on Sun TV and Sun TV HD.
- It airs on Sri Lanka Tamil channel on Vasantham TV every Monday to Friday at 8:30PM (SST) with Sinhala subtitles.
- It aired in the Indian state of Kerala on Surya TV, dubbed into Malayalam with the same title. It has been stopped.
- It aired in the Indian state of Telangana on Gemini TV, dubbed into Telugu Language with the same title. This was to be launched on Gemini TV from 23 February 2013. It ended with 73 episodes from 6 June 2013. The show was re-launched on Gemini TV from 9 November 2015 and ended with 348 episodes from 24 June 2016.
- "TV show Vani Rani serial breaks the record set by Kolangal and Kasthuri".
- "முடிவடையும் 'வாணி ராணி' சீரியல்: ட்விட்டரில் ராதிகா நெகிழ்ச்சி".
- "Vani Rani hits century". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "TV drama Vani Rani completes seven years of production". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- "'Vani Rani': A tale of estranged twins". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "'Seemarekha' on Zee Bangla Tv". www.newstechcafe.com.