A vanity number is a local or toll-free telephone number for which a subscriber requests an easily remembered sequence of numbers for marketing purposes.
Numbers ending with repeated digits (such as -1111) are heavily advertised by taxi and food delivery companies; the Pizza Pizza chain has trademarked 967-1111, a Toronto local number. A memorable repeated sequence is also valuable to hotel chain franchisors such as Super 8 Motels, which advertises 1-800-800-8000.
A broadcaster may match a local telephone number to a station frequency (an AM 1010 radio call-in programme may use 872-1010 or a TV channel 13 studio may adopt 224-13-13.). An eye clinic may choose a number terminating in 20/20.
Other possible numeric indicators which convey specific meanings are 24/7 (twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week) or 2-4-1 (two for the price of one); the latter is used by 241 Pizza by advertising local number 241-0-241 or a variant.
- SMS/800 and RespOrg and Toll-free telephone number#Vanity numbering
- Vanity domain
- Vanity plate
- Canadian trademark registration #TMA428709 (Pizza Pizza Royalty Limited Partnership) for 967-1111, a vanity telephone number
- "Kings Inn Anaheim™ — Hotel Near Disneyland® Resort & Conventions — Best Value Anaheim Hotel". Kings Inn Anaheim™.
- Média, Bell. "Contact Us". www.iheartradio.ca.
- "CTV Ottawa | Contact Us". ottawa.ctvnews.ca.
- Yellow page listing for +1 613 549 20/20, an optician's clinic.
|This article related to telephony is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|