|Rector of the College of the Transfiguration|
|Province||Anglican Church of Southern Africa|
Vicentia Refiloe Kgabe is an Anglican priest and academic.
Early life and education
Born in Soweto, Kgabe attended schools in Soweto, she started her theological training at the College of the Transfiguration. She undertook further theological studies at the University of Pretoria where she obtained a PhD in Practical Theology in 2011. She has also attended Pretoria University's Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) leadership programme.
Kgabe was made deacon in 2002 and was ordained as a priest in 2003. She served as rector of the Parish of Weltevreden St Michael and All Angels, a position she has held since 2013. She has, however, served in parishes around the Diocese of Johannesburg since her ordination. She was an archdeacon in the Diocese of Johannesburg, where she has had responsibility for the promotion and discernment of vocations to the ordained ministry of the church.
- Abuse of Alcohol by Clergy: Challenge to Pastoral Care. LAP Lambert Academic Publishers. 2011. ISBN 978-3-8465-2958-4.
- Abuse of alcohol by Anglican clergy : challenge to pastoral care (Ph.D. thesis). Pretoria: University of Pretoria. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 2014-09-13.
- Traumatic experience of church going girls who fall pregnant out of wedlock : challenge to pastoral care (M.Th. thesis). Pretoria: University of Pretoria. 5 September 2007. Retrieved 2014-09-13.
Notes and references
- Zulu, Bellah (12 August 2014). "SA Anglicans appoint first woman to lead theological college". Anglican News. Retrieved 2014-09-13.
- "HOPE Africa Board". Hope Africa. 2012. Retrieved 2014-09-13.