Vijay Krishna Acharya
Vijay Krishna Acharya
|Alma mater||Kirori Mal College|
|Known for||Thugs of Hindustan, Dhoom 3|
He called himself a scriptwriter after his work on the film Dhoom Franchise. His directorial debut was the film Tashan which opened to negative reviews. Though his second attempt at film directing Dhoom 3 which was well-received by critics worldwide, it went on to gross ₹4 billion (US$58 million) worldwide in just ten days, to become the highest-grossing Bollywood film of all time in international markets at the time and as of May 2017 is included in the sixth highest-grossing Indian film of all time. It was the 78th highest-grossing film of 2013 worldwide. The film was screened during the 2014 International Film Festival of India in the Celebrating Dance in Indian cinema section. The film has garnered the inaugural Telstra People's Choice Award at the 2014 Indian Film Festival of Melbourne.
His first independent spoof was Channel Mast on VI TV, by the late director Sudhanshu Mishra. His other spoofs include Ramkhilavan CM and Family, Public Hai Sab Jaanti Hai and Krishna Sharma CA, which later gave shape to Krishna Arjun. He has written scripts for and directed Hindi shows including Just Mohabbat, Life Nahin Hai Laddoo, Son Pari, Shaka Laka Boom Boom and Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2018||Thugs of Hindostan||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- "Vijay Krishna Acharya: Excerpts from an interview". Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Top Ten Overseas Grossers 2014 – Jai Ho Tops The Charts". Box Office India. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "South Indian films dominate international markets!". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Dhoom 3 Is Highest Ever Grosser Overseas". Box Office India. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "2013 Worldwide Grosses". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Dhoom Movies at the Box Office". Box Office Mojo.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 March 2016. Retrieved 16 September 2016.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "IFFM-2014 winners".
- Mind Blowing Films (13 June 2014). "Telstra People's Choice Award IFFM Awards: Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2014 Dhoom 3" – via YouTube.
- "Interview with Vijay Krishna Acharya". India Today. Retrieved 19 December 2011.