|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Died||22 August 1977
|Known for||Hindi Cinema|
Vimi debuted opposite Sunil Dutt in B. R. Chopra-directed Hamraaz in 1967. The film was a hit but did not help her career. She appeared with Shashi Kapoor in Patanga (1971) and Vachan (1974). She was the leading lady in Aabroo (1968) opposite Deepak Kumar.
Vimi was a Punjabi girl who married Shiv Agarwal, son of an Industrialist. Music Director Ravi got introduced to her at a party in Calcutta and later invited her and Shiv to Mumbai. He introduced them to B. R. Chopra and that is how Vimi got her first film.
As Sunil Dutt sang to her (Na Sar Jhuka Ke Jeeo, Na Munh Chhupako Jeeo) the enchanting image of Vimi won the viewers' hearts.
Songs picturised on her:
- Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Wada Karo - Hamraaz (1967)
- Na Muh Chupaake Jiyo - Hamraaz (1967)
- Neele Gagan Ke Tale - Hamraaz (1967)
- Kisi Pathar Ki Moorat Se - Hamraaz (1967)
- Aap Se Pyar Hua - Aabroo (1968)
- Jinhe Hum Bhulna Chahe - Aabroo (1968)
- Thoda ruk jayegi to tera kya jayega - Patanga (1971)
- Hamraaz (1967)
- Aabroo (1968)
- Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai (1969)
- Patanga (1971)
- Guddi (1971)
- Kahin Aar Kahin Paar (1971)
- Kahani Hum Sab Ki (1973)
- Vachan (1974)
- Premi Gangaram (1978)
- The Times of India directory and year book including who's who. Bennett, Coleman & Co. 1979. p. 241.