6 January 1975 |
|Genres||classical, French variety|
Vincent Niclo comes from a family of artists and was interested in theatre and took courses at the Cours Florent acting school particularly with Raymond Acquaviva. He also followed courses at Simon, trained at Actor Studio, and studied modern dance.
His first role in theatre was in Renaître à Bogota, a play by Marthe Vandenberg. He also acted in a number of television films and series like Sous le soleil, Extrême Limite, Nestor Burma and a role in cinema in Place Vendôme directed by Nicole Garcia.
After meeting Thierry Dran at the Paris Opera, he furthered his singing techniques and ended with a role in the musical Titanic in its French version where he played Jim Farrel, followed by other roles in musicals Tristan and Iseult playing Tristan, double roles as Romeo in Roméo et Juliette, de la Haine à l'Amour and as Rhett Butler in Autant en emporte le vent.
He also developed a solo singing career. Vincent Niclo toured in 2006 giving a series of concerts accompanied by a symphonic orchestra and 150 musicians and choir singers in Night of the Proms and released an album the same year Un nom sur mon visage with moderate success.
Vincent Niclo and Red Army Choir MVD
Returning to classic music, he sang with Red Army Choir - MVD Ensemble, the official academic ensemble under the Ministry of the Interior. After Vincent Niclo met the ensemble officials in Moscow, MVD director General Eliseev invited him to join the tour project, for all Red Army Choir in the French leg of the tour in March 2012.
Opéra Rouge (France)
Vincent Niclo performed every night "Ameno" and "La Marseillaise", both of which appear in album Opéra Rouge released on 24 September 2012, that also include many pop-arrangements of classic arias like Giacomo Puccini's "Nessum Dorma", Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana", Tomaso Albinoni's "Adagio", Lucio Dalla's "Caruso" and Luigi Denza's "Funiculi Funicula". The album was commercially successful, and spent 5 consecutive weeks in Top 5 of French Albums Chart and was certified Platinum on 5 November 2012.
On 10 Novembre 2012, Vincent Niclo sang with the Red Army Choir - MVD Ensemble at the Kremlin in Moscow. The event was organized for Army Day and broadcast on Russian national television. On 24 November 2012 on French TV, Red Army Choir MVD Ensemble and Vincent Niclo interpret "All By Myself" near Celine Dion, for big show to celebrate the release of her new album "No wait". Niclo was invited to open the six concerts that she gave in Paris in November and December 2013. During this period Vincent Niclo and Red Army Choir MVD Ensemble, realized several shows on French TV. As on 4 December 2012, they took part in Noël sous les étoiles French TV special presented by Daniela Lumbroso interpreting "Ameno". It was scheduled for broadcast on France 3 on 21 December 2012.
In March 2013, Vincent Niclo will engage in yet another tour with the Red Army Choir MVD Ensemble with 37 various dates. During the tour, they receive a Triple Platinum Award for 300,000 copies sold of Opéra Rouge.
O Fortuna (Germany)
This section needs expansion with: more details. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)
Vincent Niclo finished a tribute to tenor Luis Mariano. The new album titled Luis was released September 23, 2013 in France.
- 2001 / 2002: Titanic as Jim Farrel (French version at Opéra Royal de Wallonie and Opéra d’Avignon)
- 2002: West Side Story as Tony (at Halle aux Grains in Toulouse)
- 2002: Les Liaisons Dangereuses (at Valmont) - Only on CD. The show itself did not materialize
- 2002: Tristan et Iseult as Tristan (Only the initial promotional shows)
- 2002: Roméo et Juliette, de la haine à l'amour as Romeo and double of Romeo
- 2003 / 2004: Autant En Emporte Le Vent as Rhett Butler
- 2006: Night of the Proms (touring France and Belgium)
- 2012: Touring with Red Army Choir (Chœurs de l'Armée rouge) in France and other countries
- 2013: Touring with Red Army Choir (Chœurs de l'Armée rouge) in France and other countries
- 2013: First Part Of Celine Dion with Red Army Choir (Chœurs de l'Armée rouge) in Antwerp and Paris
|2006||Un nom sur mon visage||142||—||—||—|
(Vincent Niclo & Les Chœurs de l'Armée Rouge)
|2014||Ce que je suis||11||—||11||36|
(Laura Presgurvic & Vincent Niclo)
|2005||"Si le temps"||58|
|2006||"À force de toi"||74|
|2007||"Toute la place"||26|
(Vincent Niclo & Les Chœurs de l'Armée Rouge)
|2015||"Pour une fois"
|2016||"Je ne sais pas"||82
- "Vincent Niclo". BBC Music. Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- "Vincent Niclo - La biographie de Vincent Niclo avec Gala.fr". Gala (in French). Retrieved 2015-07-13.
- , Red Army Choir and Vincent Niclo at Kremlin in Moscow.
- , Red Army Choir and Vincent Niclo interpret "All By Myself" near Celine Dion on French TV on November 24, 2012.
- , On her website, Celine Dion announces 7 shows with Red Army Choir and Vincent Niclo on November and December 2013.
- , More 300 000 copies sold for Opera Rouge.
- , Release "O Fortuna" On Deutsche Grammophon in Germany on October 26, 2013.
- LesCharts.com: Vincent Niclo page
- "Le Top de la semaine : Top Albums Fusionnes - SNEP (Week 39, 2016)" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 4 October 2016.