Visage (video game)
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
Visage is an independent survival horror video game in development by SadSquare Studio. Similar to Allison Road, the game is a spiritual successor to P.T. The game ran Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaigns.
Visage will be set inside a huge house in which terrible things have happened. Players will relive fragments of the house's history, each of them dragging them closer to what’s behind the dark history of the place. Players will witness firsthand how people died in the terrifying house. Each death has its visage.
The game takes place in a secluded town in the 1980s. The origin of the house the characters are in has been there for centuries, and its foundations never seem to decay. Dozens of families have lived here. Many of them died brutally, while others lived their lives placidly in their beloved home.
Visage is being developed since January 2015 and was announced in September 2015. The game has been successfully financed by a Kickstarter campaign running from January through March 2016. The release is set for 2018. According to the developers, the use of jump scares has been kept to a minimum. The players play as Dwayne, who is tasked against time to investigate the house and its surroundings to uncover the dreadful truth. The game uses an atmospheric soundtrack that also gives hints and clues to alert the players about the dangers lurking in the house. The game has been said to feature multiple endings and the developers state that it's not an easy game, taking about 8 to 10 hours to complete the main story.
- Rad, Chloi (2016-02-05). "Visage Is a Hyper-Real Horror Game in the Style of P.T." Ign.com. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Guarino, Mike (2016-02-08). "New Horror Game Kickstarter Visage Inspired By P.T. And Silent Hill | AOTF". Attackofthefanboy.com. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Priestman, Chris (2016-01-31). "Horror Game Visage Follows In The Footsteps Of P.T., Now On Kickstarter". Siliconera.com. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Hayley Williams (2016-01-20). "Silent Hills' P.T. Has A New Spiritual Successor Called Visage | Kotaku Australia". Kotaku.com.au. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "Atmospheric Psychological Horror Game Visage Hits Kickstarter With New Trailer". Hardcore Gamer. 2016-01-27. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Hayley Williams (2016-01-28). "P.T. Inspired 'Visage' Launches Its Kickstarter Today | Kotaku Australia". Kotaku.com.au. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "Visage (Psychological horror game)". Kickstarter.
- "VISAGE DEVS SPEAK ABOUT P.T. INFLUENCE, GAME LENGTH, AND MORE – IGN FIRST". IGN.