- For another footballer, see Vítor Hugo Gomes Passos (Pélé).
|Full name||Vítor Hugo Gomes da Silva|
|Date of birth||25 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Vila do Conde, Portugal|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2008||→ Cagliari (loan)||0||(0)|
|2013||→ Videoton (loan)||11||(0)|
|2015||→ Balıkesirspor (loan)||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 December 2017.
A product of hometown Rio Ave FC's youth system, Gomes first appeared with the first team on 19 March 2006, starting in a 0–1 home loss against S.L. Benfica. In late January 2008, he began an unsuccessful loan spell at Serie A's Cagliari Calcio, making no appearances and returning to Rio Ave in July; during that season, he also played 13 matches (12 starts) as the Vila do Conde club returned to the Primeira Liga after an absence of two years.
In the following top flight campaigns, Gomes was regularly used by Rio Ave. He scored his first goals in 2009–10, against C.D. Nacional (2–0, home) and S.C. Olhanense (1–5 defeat, also at home).
In January 2013, Gomes joined a host of compatriots at Videoton FC, with the Hungarians making the deal permanent in early June. Two years later, he was loaned to Balıkesirspor in the Turkish Süper Lig by Moreirense FC.
- "Mantorras salva Benfica" [Mantorras saves Benfica]. Correio da Manhã (in Portuguese). 20 March 2006. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Rio Ave mantém-se invencível" [Rio Ave remain undefeated] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 12 September 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Rio Ave 1–5 Olhanense" (in Portuguese). SAPO. 28 March 2010. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Rio Ave: Vítor Gomes em definitivo no Videoton" [Rio Ave: Vítor Gomes to Videoton permanently] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Vitor Gomes Bal-Kes'te İgor De Camargo zor" [Vitor Gomes a Balıkesirspor player İgor De Camargo difficult] (in Turkish). Yenisöz. 19 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "Vítor Gomes de regresso" [Vítor Gomes returns]. Record (in Portuguese). 8 May 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- Vítor Gomes – FIFA competition record
- Caçador welcomes new dawn; UEFA.com, 14 August 2007
- "Quando todos os dias são vividos em família" [When every day is a family day]. Record (in Portuguese). 24 December 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2017.