Vivar del Cid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- San Antonio de Padua (June 13)
- Homage celebrations to D. Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar. July. (Medieval dinners).
- Maundy Thursday procession. (The three falls of Christ).
- Patron saint: Saint Michael Arcangel, 29 November.
- Church of Saint Michael
- Monument to the Cid Campeador at the Solar del Cid.
- Convent of Nuestra Señora del Espino: Founded by Pedro López Padilla and his wife Isabel Pacheco Padilla in 1477. The manuscript of the Lay of the Cid was kept in its library. Nowadays it is at the National Library.
- The Cid's windmill: starting point of the Route of the Cid.