|Administrative region||West Greece|
|Elevation||37 m (121 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||3,552|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||270 58|
Volakas (Greek: Βώλακας) is a former municipality in Elis, West Greece, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Pyrgos, of which it is a municipal unit. Its seat of administration was in the town of Epitalio.
Volakas is situated on the Ionian Sea coast, southeast of Pyrgos and southwest of Olympia. The river Alfeios forms the northern border of the municipal unit. There are wooded hills in the northeastern part of Volakas, the southwestern part along the coast is flat and used for agriculture. The Greek National Road 9 (Patras - Pyrgos - Kyparissia) and the railway from Pyrgos to Kalamata run through Volakas. Operations at the small airport of Epitalio (ICAO: LGEP) have been suspended.
The municipal unit Volakas is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Epitalio (Epitalio, Paralia, total pop: 2,059)
- Agridi (pop: 50)
- Alfeiousa (pop: 1,061)
- Anemochori (pop: 382)
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39 MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- Greek Civil Aviation Authority
- Volakas municipal unit (Greek)