Symptoms of vulvar cancer include itching, a lump or sore on the vulva which does not heal and/or grows larger, and sometimes discomfort/pain/swelling in the vulval area. Treatments include vulvectomy – removal of all or part of the vulva.
Vulvo-perineal localization of dermatologic disorders
Systemic disorders may be localized in the vulvo-perineal region.
- In Langerhans cell histiocytosis, lesions initially are erythematous, purpuric papules and they then become scaly, crusted and sometimes confluent.
- In Kawasaki disease, an erythematous, desquamating perineal rash may occur in the second week of symptom onset, almost at the same time as palmoplantar desquamation.
- Acrodermatitis enteropathica is a biochemical disorder of zinc metabolism.
- Diaper dermatitis in infancy
Blemishes and cysts
- Epidermal cysts
- Sinus pudoris
- Bartholin's cyst
- Skene's duct cyst, a paraurethral cyst
- Candidiasis (thrush)
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Genital warts, due to human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Herpes simplex (genital herpes)
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
- Tinea cruris (fungus)
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Infestations with pinworms (rare), scabies and lice.
- Lichen simplex (chronic eczema)
- Lichen sclerosus
- Lichen planus
- zoon's vulvitis (zoon's balanitis in men)
- Pemphigus vulgaris
- Pemphigoid (mucous membrane pemphigoid, cicratricial pemphigoid, bullous pemphigoid)
- Septate vagina
- Vaginal opening extremely close to the urethra or anus
- An imperforate hymen
- Various stages of genital masculinization including fused labia, an absent or partially formed vagina, urethra located on the clitoris.
Tumoral and hamartomatous diseases
- Hemangiomas and vascular dysplasia may involve the perineal region
- Infantile perianal pyramidal protrusion
- Vulvar Lymphangioma
- Paget's disease of the vulva
- Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN)
- Bowen's disease
- Bowenoid papulosis
- Vulvar varicose veins
- Labial adhesions
- Perineodynia (perineal pain)
- Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis (DIV)
- Childbirth tears and Episiotomy related changes
- "SEER Stat Fact Sheets: Vulvar Cancer". NCI. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Dominique Hamel-Teillac sara catanzaro (2005). "Vulvo-Perineal Localization of Dermatologic Disorders, 2005". Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Vulvo-Vaginal Disorders.
- Dominique Hamel-Teillac (2005). "Diaper Dermatitis in Infancy, 2005". Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Vulvo-Vaginal Disorders.
- Dominique Hamel-Teillac (2005). "Infectious Diseases (Except Sexually Transmitted Diseases)". Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Vulvo-Vaginal Disorders.
- Dominique Hamel-Teillac (2005). "Tumoral and Hamartomatous Diseases of the Vulva, 2005". Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Vulvo-Vaginal Disorders.