|City of license||Glasgow, Kentucky|
|Broadcast area||Bowling Green, Kentucky|
|Branding||105.3 The Point|
|Frequency||105.3 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||98.3 W252CV (Bowling Green, relays HD2)|
|First air date||1972 (as WOVO)|
HD2: Active Rock "98.3 The Edge"
|Former callsigns||WOVO (1972-1991)
|Owner||Newberry Broadcasting, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WHHT, WOVO, WWKU|
Listen Live (HD2)
WPTQ broadcasts a classic rock music format to the Bowling Green, Kentucky, area. The format features classic rock songs from the 1960s, 70s and 80s, as well as select Active Rock songs from the 1990s and 00s. In addition to its usual music programming, WPTQ-FM is an affiliate of the Tennessee Titans football radio network. It is also the flagship radio station for WKU Hilltoppers football from the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network.
On October 22, 2012 WPTQ and its mainstream rock format moved from 103.7 FM Cave City, KY to 105.3 FM Glasgow, KY, while the 103.7 FM frequency has picked up the WHHT calls and switched its format to Country, and rebranded the Station as HOWDY 103.7.
On February 16, 2014 WPTQ launched an active rock format on its HD2 sub channel, branded as "98.3 The Edge" (relayed on FM translator W252CV 98.3 FM Bowling Green, Kentucky).
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Titans Radio in Kentucky". Titans Radio. Retrieved March 15, 2009.
- Edge Launches in Bowling Green
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WPTQ
- Radio-Locator information on WPTQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WPTQ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W252CV
- Radio-Locator information on W252CV
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|