|Population||15 (2016 census)|
Waarre is the site of two natural gas processing facilities. The Iona Gas Plant is owned by QIC and processes gas from the offshore Casino Gas Field. The Otway Gas Plant processes gas from the offshore Geographe and Thylacine gas fields in the Otway Basin. It was owned by Lattice Energy, a subsidiary of Origin Energy. Origin sold Lattice to Beach Energy in 2017. Forty percent of the Victorian operations were then on-sold to OG Energy in 2018. The other significant industry in the area is farming.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Waarre". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Otway Gas Development" (PDF). Lattice Energy. August 2017. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Otway Basin Victoria". Beach Energy. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Beach Energy to divest stake in Victorian Otway to O.G. Energy for $243m". Offshore Technology. Verdict Media. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Beach agrees to sell 40% of its Victorian Otway interests to Eyal Ofer's O.G. Energy for $344 million" (PDF). Beach Energy. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 28 January 2019 – via Australian Securities Exchange.
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|