Wake Up Jeff!
|Wake Up Jeff!|
|Studio album by The Wiggles|
|Released||12 April 1996|
|The Wiggles chronology|
|1.||"We Like to Say Hello"||1:58|
|2.||"Henry's Underwater Big Band"||2:31|
|4.||"Everybody is Clever"||1:59|
|5.||"Swim, Swim, Swim" (spoken)||0:08|
|6.||"Having Fun at the Beach"||1:46|
|7.||"Food Wish" (spoken)||0:16|
|8.||"Bing Bang Bong (That's a Pirate Song)"||1:21|
|9.||"Bucket of Dew/Paddy Condon from Cobar[a]"||1:43|
|11.||"Wake Up Jeff!"||1:26|
|12.||"A Frog Went A Walking"||1:29|
|13.||"Dorothy, Would You Like to Dance?"||1:52|
|14.||"Take a Trip Out on the Sea"||1:09|
|15.||"Romp Bomp a Stomp"||1:27|
|20.||"I Can Do So Many Things"||1:35|
|21.||"Wave to Wags"||1:42|
|22.||"House on the Hillside"||1:15|
|23.||"Havenu Shalom Aleichem"||1:12|
|24.||"Quacking Sounds" (spoken)||0:10|
|25.||"Five Little Ducks"||2:00|
Source: Wake Up Jeff album booklet, 1996
- Musicians
- Lead Vocals: Greg Page
- Back-up vocals: The Wiggles, Paul Paddick, Greg Truman and Emma Buter
- Guitars: Terry Murray, Anthony Field and Murray Cook
- Bass guitar: Murray Cook
- Trumpet, Fluglehorn, and Piccolo trumpet: Dominic Lindsay
- Viola: Angela Lindsay
- Cello: Margaret Lindsay
- Violin: Maria Schattovits
- Accordion, piano, organ, snoring: Jeff Fatt
- Drums: Tony Henry
- Congas: Paul Rodgers
- Tin Whistle: Anthony Field
Engineered by: Chris Brooks and Aaron Ruig
|Wake Up Jeff!|
|Directed by||Dean Covell|
|Produced by||Dean Covell|
|Written by||The Wiggles|
|Music by||The Wiggles|
|Distributed by||Roadshow Entertainment|
The companion video was released on August 1996 as the group's fourth video.
- We Like to Say Hello
- Henry's Underwater Big Band
- Everybody is Clever (Australian version) / The Chase (NA version)
- Having Fun at the Beach
- Bing Bang Bong, That's a Pirate Song
- Bucket of Dew/Paddy Condon from Cobar
- Wake Up Jeff
- Dorothy, Would You Like to Dance?
- Take a Trip Out on the Sea
- Romp Bomp a Stomp
- I Can Do So Many Things
- Wave to Wags
- Pipers Waltz
- Can You Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist? - concert
- D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favorite Dinosaur) - concert
Opening - An alarm clock rings and Jeff wakes up.
The Wiggles introduce themselves to the audience.
- Song: "We Like To Say Hello"
Greg is standing with Henry the Octopus and tells Greg that he has a surprise for everyone. Henry says that he bought his underwater big band with him.
- Song: "Henry's Underwater Big Band"
Greg tells everyone to stand still like a statue. The other Wiggles pose and then dance around behind Greg's back.
- Song: "Everybody is Clever" (Australian version) / "The Chase" (NA version)
Anthony and Murray watch kids draw scenes of the beach using pens and markers.
- Song: "Having Fun At The Beach"
The Wiggles introduce Captain Feathersword, but he answers with "Bing Bang Bong" and other nonsense phrases. They ask him what's up with that? He answers, that's a pirate song. Let's dance a pirate song together!
- Song: "Bing Bang Bong (That's A Pirate Song)"
Anthony and Murray introduce Dominic, who is with his daughter Ashley. He is a trumpet player. Anthony and Murray ask him questions about playing the trumpet and Dominic plays a little bit. Everyone's wearing a green hat, so it is time for some Irish Dancing.
- Song: "Bucket Of Dew / Paddy Condon From Cobar"
The clock goes pass ticking and everybody yells WAKE UP JEFF! to wake Jeff up. And Jeff wakes up to the camera.
- Song: "Wake Up Jeff!"
Jeff asks Dorothy to dance, and Dorothy does a few dance steps.
- Song: "Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?)"
- Song: "Take A Trip Out On The Sea"
- Song: "Romp Bomp A Stomp"
- Song: "I Can Do So Many Things"
Anthony can hear someone barking. He asked who's that barking and Greg yelled out ITS WAGS THE DOG!
- Song: "Wave To Wags"
- Greg's Magic Show – The Magic Box
Greg, Anthony, and Murray are standing with an empty glass box. They can hear some one snoring and they are saying its coming from inside the box, but no one is inside the box or could they. Greg has Anthony and Murray cover the box with a drape, they spin it around, and chants some magic words when they count to three. 1, 2, 3, "Wiggle Waggle". They lift the drape and Jeff is there, but he's asleep. They ask everyone to wake him up. 1, 2, 3, WAKE UP JEFF! and then Jeff wakes up, wondering what he's doing in a box.
Murray tells Jeff to not fall asleep again and said we neeeeeeed YOU! for the next song.
- Song: "Pipers Waltz"
It's time to say goodbye. Jeff has fallen asleep again in his bed, so the Wiggles have one more dance. The credits roll with "Christmas Picnic" for background music.
The Wiggles are backstage. They have warmed up their singing voices by practicing "Rock-a-Bye Your Bear". They also have tucked their shirts and brushed their hair. Over by the side is Wags and Henry, Wags is polishing Henry's shoes. And at the last part, Greg knew that somebody was missing. Where's Jeff? Murray saw Jeff fallen asleep on a chair and told The Wiggles that he's asleep. They call the viewer to Wake up Jeff. 1, 2, 3, WAKE UP JEFF! Jeff arises and they're ready to go on stage for the concert and so they all ran out to the stage.
- Song: "Can You Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist? (Live)
- Song: "D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favorite Dinosaur) (Live)
The cast as listed on the video closing credits.
- The Wiggles
- Also featuring
- Megan Bullivant & Emma Buter as Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Leeanne Ashley as Henry the Octopus
- Paul Paddick, Georgia Troy, Barnes & Donna Halloran as Wags the Dog
- Paul Paddick as Captain Feathersword
- Dominic Lindsay as Trumpet Player
- THOSE WHO WOKE UP JEFF, THANKS!
Cassandra Halloran, Jessica Halloran, Emma Ryan, Sian Ryan, Daisy Cousens, Rose Cousens, Kristen Shaw, Sarah Cornale, Sarah Sneddon, Melanie Scott, Nichole Butler, Michael Butler, Alyssa Bryce, Tamahra Macey, Sammy Lee, Leonardo Silvestrini
Anthony began wearing a blue shirt instead of a green shirt. Dorothy and Henry's costumes were updated but Dorothy's old costume is seen on "D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favorite Dinosaur)" while Henry's old one is seen on the cover. Anthony, Murray, and Greg wear short-sleeved shirts in the concert.
Paul Paddick, who joined the cast as a regular in 1995, makes his video debut as Captain Feathersword.
Tony Henry, who is a bandmate of Anthony and Jeff from The Cockroaches and the studio drummer for the Wake Up Jeff album, appears with his family in "We Like to Say Hello" and "Wave to Wags". John Field[better source needed] from The Cockroaches also appears in an outdoor shots for "Wave to Wags".
During the closing credits of the 1996 version, The Wiggles referred to a web page from OzEmail by "dgriff".
The video was released on VHS in August 1996.
When the video was released in North America, "Everybody is Clever" was replaced by one of "The Chase" scenes typical of the closing credits of TV Series 1. However, the preceding skit where they act like statues was retained.
It's Time to Wake Up Jeff!
|It's Time to Wake Up Jeff!|
|Studio album by The Wiggles|
|The Wiggles chronology|
It's Time to Wake Up Jeff! is the 26th album release from an Australian children's music group, The Wiggles. It contains songs that were originally released on Wake Up Jeff!. In North America, the album and companion video were called Wiggle Around the Clock.
- We Like To Say Hello - 1:54
- Henry’s Underwater Big Band - 2:27
- Intro - 0:07
- Having Fun At The Beach - 1:42
- Intro - 0:15
- Bing Bang Bong (That’s A Pirate Song) - 1:17
- Bucket Of Dew/ Paddy Condon From Cobar - 1:40
- Guess What - 1:41
- Wake Up Jeff - 1:22
- A Frog Went A Walking - 1:25
- Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance With Me?) - 1:49
- Take A Trip Out On The Sea - 1:05
- Romp Bomp A Stomp - 1:24
- We’re Playing A Trick On the Captain - 0:50
- Have A Happy Birthday Captain - 1:51
- I Can Do So Many Things - 1:31
- Wave To Wags - 1:38
- Havenu Shalom Alachem - 1:08
- House On The Hillside - 1:56
- Intro - 0:08
- Five Little Ducks - 1:12
- Windmills - 0:58
- Name Game - 1:01
- Pipers Waltz - 1:26
- Bonus Track - Go To Sleep Jeff (Brahm's Lullaby) - 4:33
The companion video was released in 2006 as a DVD.
- We Like To Say Hello
- Henry's Underwater Big Band (animated)
- Having Fun At The Beach
- Bing Bang Bong (That's A Pirate Song)
- Wake Up Jeff!
- Bucket of Dew/Paddy Condon From Cobar
- Romp Bomp A Stomp
- A Frog Went a Walking (animated)
- Take A Trip Out On The Sea
- Dorothy (Would You Like To Dance?)
- We're Playing a Trick on the Captain
- Have a Happy Birthday Captain
- I Can Do So Many Things
- Guess What? (animated)
- Wave To Wags
- Havenu Shalom Alechem
- Walking On The Moon
- Piper's Waltz (Instrumental)
- "Bucket of Dew / Paddy Condon from Cobar" is based on the traditional Irish folk song "The Rare Old Mountain Dew". The subtitle "Paddy Condon from Cobar" is a reference to Anthony's great-grandfather Paddy Condon who owned a pub in the mining town of Cobar in western New South Wales. - Field, Anthony & Truman, Greg (2012). How I Got My Wiggle Back: A Memoir of Healing. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. p. 220. ISBN 978-1-118-01933-7.
- Wake Up Jeff album booklet, 1996
- "Winners by Year – 1996". ariaawards.com.au. Retrieved 1 Jan 2014.
- Fitzpatrick, Liam (14 August 1996). "Wiggles bound for Asia via big screen". South China Morning Post.
- Baughman, Tony (12 November 2007). "Captain Feathersword may steal The Wiggles' show". The Aiken Standard. Retrieved 16 November 2007.
- Knight, Dom (7 November 2006). "Cup tips, anyone?". Sydney Morning Herald blog. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- The Wiggles (1996). Wake Up Jeff! (VHS). Australia. - Tony Henry (1m), Paul Paddick (1:20), Dominic Lindsay (1:45), John Field (24:51), Tony Henry (24:52).