|Distributor(s)||Universal Music Australia|
|Genre||Classical, country, children's, rock, pop, jazz, blues, Indigenous Australian music, roots, folk, easy listening, spoken word, world, comedy, alternative, punk, relaxation|
|Country of origin||Australia|
Established in 1974, it is one of the longest-running record labels in the country. ABC Music receives distribution from Universal Music Australia, and operates imprints including ABC Classics, ABC Kids and FOUR FOUR.
As a commercial entity ABC Music invests all profits back into the broader ABC, to fund production of further content within the corporation.
The label has been in existence for over 40 years and has a large catalogue of recordings by Australian and international artists.
ABC Music releases cover a wide variety of genres including country, classical, Indigenous Australian music, rock, pop, children's, blues, roots, folk, easy listening, jazz, spoken word, comedy, world, alternative rock, and punk.
The label has also released many compilation albums for ABC Radio stations and programs. This includes triple j's Hottest 100, Like A Version, House Party, One Night Stand, Beat The Drum and 40 Years Of Music releases, as well as tribute albums to Nick Cave and Paul Kelly. Additionally, the label produces special one-off releases, such as His Life and Music, the live album from Gurrumul featuring the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
The label's roster features many of Australia’s top artists including, among others:
The label also handles releases for ABC brands and identities including:
Additionally, ABC Music has licensed recordings from overseas artists, including:
- Soweto Gospel Choir
- Serena Ryder
- Eric Bibb
- Dean Brody
- Emerson Drive
- Tim Chaisson
- Doc Walker
- Big Daddy Wilson
- Gord Bamford
- Aled Jones
As of 2016, ABC Music has received 102 ARIA Awards in a wide range of categories since the awards' inception in 1987.
ABC Music acts as the umbrella label for a host of imprints, including:
ABC Music Publishing
In addition to the record label, ABC Music Publishing represents some of Australia’s most recognised songwriters and composers, including You Am I, Ben Salter, The Audreys, Sean O'Boyle, Juice Music, Tim Rogers, Davey Lane, Kit Warhurst, Amanda Brown, Rosie Westbrook, Sara Storer, Andy Clockwise, Sinead Burgess, Lachlan Bryan, Rhys Muldoon and many more.
- "Our Labels". Universal Music Australia Official Site - umusic. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Catalogue". ABC Music. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Home | triple j". www.abc.net.au. 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Straight To You: triple j's Tribute To Nick Cave 2CD Album + DVD Details - Music Feeds". Music Feeds. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- "Before Too Long". ABC Shop. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- admin. "ABC MUSIC wins two more ARIA Awards". ABC Commercial. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Lee Kernaghan - Spirit Of The Anzacs is the number 1 ARIA... | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "triple j's Like A Version 10 hits #1 on the ARIA charts | Music News | triple j". www.abc.net.au. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "ARIA Albums: Triple J's 'Like A Version 11' Stops Cold Chisel From Debuting At No 1". www.noise11.com. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Bolinda Audio partners with ABC Commercial".