Walkabout (Babylon 5)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Babylon 5 episode|
|Episode no.||Season 3
|Directed by||Kevin Cremin|
|Written by||J. Michael Straczynski|
|Original air date||30 September 1996
18 August 1996 (UK)
Sheridan decides to test the theory that telepaths can harm Shadow vessels. Lyta Alexander accompanies Sheridan on this mission, but no other members of the Alliance outside of the Minbari offer to help. Garibaldi confronts G'Kar about the lack of support from the Narns, especially in light of the risks the entire Earth crew has taken in helping and sheltering the Narns. G'Kar is able to not only convince the Narns to throw in with their support, but the other races as well.
- The replacement Vorlon is introduced, whose name is never revealed but was later identified by JMS as "Ulkesh". When asked its name by Sheridan, it replies "Kosh." When pressed, it replies "We are all Kosh." JMS later identified this as "more Vorlon mysticism." This Vorlon is darker and somewhat more amoral than the previous Kosh and regards humanity with more disdain than his predecessor. Kosh and Ulkesh have also appeared to Delenn years before aboard the Grey Council ship as they lived inside Dukhat's sanctum in the Babylon 5 movie In The Beginning. Ulkesh is voiced by Kosh's voice actor and has a distinctly higher voice pitch than him. Also, the "chimes" that accompany Ulkesh's speech are somewhat darker. Even Ulkesh's overall color scheme seems darker than Kosh.
- Lyta hears Kosh's voice while Sheridan is talking to her, hinting that a piece of him might have survived inside of Sheridan.
- It is proven that Shadow ships are vulnerable to telepaths, although it requires tremendous focus and power on the part of the telepaths to effectively jam them. Lyta was almost driven insane by the Shadow ship when she initially tried, but after learning of how the Shadows killed Kosh, she angrily lashes out at the enemy vessel and manages to "trap" it inside her mind and prevent it from moving.
- The G'Tok, the Narn warship which was granted sanctuary by Sheridan in "The Fall of Night", makes a return.
- G'Kar manages to rally many of the non-aligned worlds into helping Sheridan.