War Chhod Na Yaar
|War Chhod Na Yaar|
|Directed by||Faraz Haider|
|Written by||Faraz Haider
|Music by||Aslam Keyi|
|Budget||₹140 million (US$2.2 million)|
War Chhod Na Yaar (English translation: Quit the War, Dude) is a 2013 Hindi Indian war comedy film directed and written by Faraz Haider and dialogues are written by Deepak Kingrani. The film was announced on 30 March 2013 with a launch party at Novotel Hotel in the presence of the lead actors, Sharman Joshi, Soha Ali Khan, Javed Jaffery, Sanjai Mishra, Dalip Tahil and Mukul Dev who play important characters in the film.
The treatment of the humour in War Chhod Na Yaar has many layers; mostly situational, sometimes spoofy, sometimes slapstick, sometimes tongue-in-cheek, and sometimes even over-the-top. The movie was produced by AOPL Entertainment Pvt Ltd and was released on 11 October 2013.
The film begins with Captain Rajveer Singh (Sharman Joshi) and Captain Quereshi (Javed Jaffrey) are captains of India and Pakistan playing cards with their partners at Indo-Pak border. Suddenly bomb explodes. Then the film flashback into 17 hours before. At that time the Defense minister of India calls Rut Dutta (Soha Ali Khan), the reporter of GBC news to talk some important top secret. He reveals that after 2 days war will be declare between India and Pakistan. At 14 hours before, Defense minister of Pakistan with Pakistani General contacts with Defense minister of China for some help. Defense minister of China tells that he will attack nuclear bomb in New Delhi. At Indo-Pak border Pakistan armies are becoming very lazy. Then don't want to pay attention to commander Khan(Sanjai Mishra). In In
Captain Rajveer Singh (Sharman Joshi) and Captain Quereshi (Javed Jaffery) are battalion captains of India and Pakistan – two countries forever embroiled in conflict and turmoil with each other. However, on the actual battle-field, Raj and Quereshi and his troops form an unlikely friendship and camaraderie, reared on a love for conversations and playing antakshari(a game)of Hindi film songs and non-veg food. Midst them, arrives Ruth Dutta (Soha Ali Khan), an ambitious TV reporter, assigned to make a documentary on the lives of the soldiers of these two sides, as reported from on-ground. But when war is announced between these two countries, the easy friendship between the two sides is tested and conspiracy theories are hatched – all with hilarious results. In the end, the question which haunts everybody is : why the war and to what end?
- Sharman Joshi as Captain Rajveer Singh Rana of Indian Army
- Soha Ali Khan as Ruth Dutta, Reporter of GBC news
- Javed Jaffrey as Captain Qureshi of Pakistan Army
- Dalip Tahil as Defence Minister of India/Pakistan/China and United States
- Mukul Dev as Ghuspetia
- Sanjai Mishra as Commander Khan of Pakistan Army
- Vivek Rana as Lt. Sahil Khatri
- Avantika Khattri as Sakshi
- Manoj Pahwa as Pakistani General
- Badrul Islam as Gaderya
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)|
Mumbai, 12 August 2013: War Chhod Na Yaar is Faraz Haider's maiden venture and he's leaving no stone unturned in making the film as authentic as possible. A major portion of the film is shot in the deserts of Rajasthan so that the viewer can be as close to a war like zone as possible. "We did not want to shoot in a studio or recreate a set because I wanted to keep it really authentic," Haider said.
||This article uses first-person ("I"; "we") or second-person ("you") inappropriately. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The movie opened to some decent reception. Bollywood3 stated that the concept of the film is absolutely unique and new to Indian movie-goers. It also added that apart from what the country sees and feels about the warring relationship between India and Pakistan, a different side has been showcased. The movie managed to make 70 million by end of 4th day.
|War Chhod Na Yaar|
|Soundtrack album by Aslam Keyi|
|Released||23 September 2013|
|Label||Super Cassettes Industries Limited
|Aslam Keyi chronology|
|1.||"War Chhod Na Yaar"||Faraz Haider & Bebak Amrohi||Candy DZouza, Bappi Lahiri & Rimi Dhar||4:42|
|2.||"Main Jagoon Aksar"||Azeem Shirazi||Ali Aslam, Javed Ali & Shreya Ghoshal||5:50|
|3.||"Phat Gaya"||Faraz Haider||Daler Mehndi||5:35|
|4.||"Mharo Desh Mahaan"||Bebak Amrohi||Kailash Kher||5:47|
|5.||"Khwabon Si Jo"||Azeem Shirazi||Naresh Iyer||6:16|
|6.||"Jai Jawan"||Faraz Haider||Sukhwinder Singh||5:22|
|7.||"Kurban"||Bebak Amrohi||Javed Khan & Sonu Niigaam||5:05|
|8.||"Fauji"||Faraz Haider & Rap: Luv o'trigger||Marianne D Cruz, Luv o'trigger, Mika Singh & Brijesh Shandilya||4:42|
|9.||"Ishq Mein"||Azeem Shirazi||Tripti Sinha, Vardan, Divya Kumar & Deepali Sathe||4:34|
|10.||"Main Jaagun Aksar"||Azeem Shirazi||Shujath Ali Khan, Ali Aslam & Shreya Ghoshal||5:50|
|11.||"Mharo Desh Mahaan (Ethnic Mix)"||Bebak Amrohi||Kailash Kher||5:47|
|12.||"Khwabon Si Jo"||Azeem Shirazi||Ali Azmat & Sujith Kumar||6:07|
|13.||"Fauji (Club Mix)"||Faraz Haider & Rap: luv o'trigger||Mika Singh, Luv o'trigger, Marianne D Cruz & Aiman||4:16|
- Aslam Keyi worked as a sound engineer and background music score before this film and in these two films, The Unsound and Chehra he reprises his role as a background scorer.
- "War Chhod Na Yaar gets average response : Bollywood, News – India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- IANS (15 October 2013). "'War Chhod Na Yaar' gets average response – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Box office report: Besharam declared a flop, War Chhod Na Yaar average | NDTV Movies.com". Movies.ndtv.com. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "War Chhod Na Yaar: Is the film ready for a tough box-office test?". Ibnlive.in.com. 10 October 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "'War Chhod Na Yaar' to be India's First War Comedy". Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Sharman Joshi's next: War comedy `War Chod Na Yaar`". Zee News India. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "War Chhod Na Yaar (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Aslam Keyi. iTunes. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Aslam Keyi". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "War Chhod Na Yaar (2013)". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 27 September 2013.