The station waiting room in May 2015
|Location||Warabidai, Oshamambe, Yamakoshi District, Hokkaido
|Operated by||JR Hokkaido|
|Line(s)||■ Hakodate Main Line|
|Distance||126.9 km from Hakodate|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||15 October 1904|
|Closed||3 March 2017|
|Passengers (FY1992)||8 daily|
Warabitai Station has a single side platform serving a single track.
|Hakodate Main Line|
The station opened on October 15, 1904, as a Hokkaido railway line station. On July 1, 1907, with the nationalization of Hokkaido Railway, the station was transferred to the state-owned railway.
The station closed following the last day of services on 3 March 2017.
In fiscal 1992, the station was used by an average of 8 passengers daily.
Origin of name
- National Route 5
- Mount Kuromatsunai
- Niseko Bus "Warabidai Station" bus stop
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 809. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 廃止の１０無人駅 思い出の駅舎さようなら 住民ら幕掲げ感謝 [10 unstaffed stations close]. Doshin Web (in Japanese). Japan: The Hokkaido Shimbun Press. 4 March 2017. Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- Miyawaki, Shunzo (June 1993). Harada, Katsumasa, ed. JR・私鉄全線各駅停車1 北海道630駅. Shogakukan. p. 44. ISBN 4-09-395401-1.
- Asai, Kenji (20 June 2013). 難読・誤読駅名の辞典 [Directory of Difficult-to-read Station Names] (in Japanese). Japan: Tokyodo Publishing. p. 12. ISBN 978-4-490-10835-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warabitai Station.|