Washington State Route 169
|Auxiliary route of SR 410|
|Defined by RCW|
|Maintained by WSDOT|
|Length||25.26 mi (40.65 km)|
|Existed||1964 – present|
|South end||SR 164 in Enumclaw|
| SR 516 in Maple Valley
I-405 in Renton
|North end||SR 900 in Renton|
SR 169 begins at an intersection with SR 164 in downtown Enumclaw, headed north on a road named both 264th Avenue Southeast and Porter Street. The highway passes Thunder Mountain Middle School and crosses Newaukam Creek before exiting Enumclaw. Continuing north, the highway crosses the Green River before passing through the city of Black Diamond. North of Black Diamond, the highway passes to the east of Lake Sawyer before passing through the eastern side of Maple Valley, intersecting SR 516, the Kent Kangley Road. North of Maple Valley the highway parallels, then crosses underneath SR 18 as the highway turns to the northwest, through rural King County. Turning more westerly, the highway passes the Maplewood Golf Course before entering southeastern Renton. In Renton, the highway has an interchange with I-405 before terminating just past the freeway at an intersection with SR 900.
Every year the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) conducts a series of surveys on its highways in the state to measure traffic volume. This is expressed in terms of annual average daily traffic (AADT), which is a measure of traffic volume for any average day of the year. In 2009, WSDOT calculated that as many as 43,000 cars used the highway near Blaine Drive near Renton and as few as 6,600 cars used the highway about 7 mi (11 km) from the southern terminus. The entire highway is listed on the WSDOT List of Highways of Statewide Significance, which marks this portion of the highway as a critical to connecting major communities in the state.
The entire route is in King County.
|Enumclaw||0.00||0.00||SR 164 to SR 410 – Tacoma, Yakima, Mount Rainier|
|Maple Valley||11.44||18.41||SR 516 west (Kent Kangley Road) – Covington, Kent|
|14.17||22.80||To SR 18 / Southeast 232nd Street|
|Renton||25.23||40.60||I-405 – Tacoma, Bellevue, Everett||I-405 exit 4.|
|25.26||40.65||SR 900 (Bronson Way, Sunset Boulevard NE)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "State Highway Log Planning Report 2009 SR 2 to SR 971" (PDF). Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT). p. 1140–1149. Retrieved November 25, 2010.
- Google (November 25, 2010). "SR 169" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved November 25, 2010.
- "2009 Annual Traffic Report" (PDF). WSDOT. p. 151–152. Retrieved November 25, 2010.
- "List of Highways of Statewide Significance" (PDF). WSDOT. July 26, 2009. p. 1. Retrieved November 25, 2010.
- Washington State Highways (DjVu) (Map). Washington State Highway Commission. 1950. Retrieved November 25, 2010.